Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group buy for 16X dvd burner diodes !

S

SenKat

Okay, folks - right from one, into another !  Yup - trying to stay busy if possible  ;D

These wonderful diodes are $13.00 each - I will ship free via first class, unless you wish to add on an additional $5.00 for USPS Priority mail.  I am getting raked over the coals with Pay-Pal fees, and I will not accept E-checks - they are SO much hassle !  I take credit cards through pay-pal, so there are plenty of ways to get money to me  ::)

Here's the link to Sony's specs ! (They are 5.6mm Diodes)
SONY LINK

This guy is in a hurry to sell these (I trust him) and wants all the money up front (of course !) So, since I only have a tiny bit of liquid assetts available for hobby money, I have to pre-sell these diodes.  

Paypal payments can be sent to : stonergl@gmail.com

I raised the price by 50 cents in order to off-set the fees from pay-pal, and first class shipping.  These are sweet diodes - I took one of his 12X diodes up to 160mw with no extra mods, other than installing it into an Aixiz module, and mounting in a Dorcy Junior  :eek:

Oh, yeah - my minimum order is 100 diodes - so I have a bit to go prior to me being able to buy them outright ($800more needed !) So let's get this sale moving ! Please email me at the above address for info or questions !

Daedal

So these are closed can, clean, new and OEM diodes? for $13 a pop? Well... I passed on the other reds, I'm not passing on this one.

Count me in for 5 of them :D
Let's hope we get enough interest ;D

--DDL

S

SenKat

Clean, new, closed can - niiiiice diodes :) I will do whatever I can to get the cashflow together - even if I have to sit on the diodes for a while until they sell ! I will NOT short myself like I did last time ! I sold off so many of the diodes that I only left myself with three of them !

Daedal

You got it :) Yeppe... I'm definitely in then...

Thank you very much for arranging this SenKat;
DDL

Kenom

I'm in for five dude.
Paypal Sent.
\

sweeeeeet!  also achieves guaranteed operation under the severe environmental conditions of temperatures up to 75°C.

The Pdf file of the datasheet for this diode is here:
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/cx_news/vol37/pdf/sld1236vl.pdf

Now based on what I'm seeing the operating voltage on this thing is 2.5v and about 250ma.  You can push it harder than this of course.

Daedal

I see these thing flying like hot cakes! If you post this on CPF they'll probably want a couple hundred there at this price! This is quite a steal to be honest. Do you think the guy can ship out multiple orders at a time? lol

--DDL

Senkat What are the shipping costs to the Netherlands?? I guess that wont be free :p

Daedal

Kenom said:
I'm in for five dude.
Paypal Sent.
\

sweeeeeet! also achieves guaranteed operation under the severe environmental conditions of temperatures up to 75°C.

The Pdf file of the datasheet for this diode is here:
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/cx_news/vol37/pdf/sld1236vl.pdf

Now based on what I'm seeing the operating voltage on this thing is 2.5v and about 250ma. You can push it harder than this of course.

Those are some real nice curves I'm seeing there! I'm really looking forward to this. I really can't believe how efficient this diode is. At an Iop of about 260-270mA it's putting out 250mW. At 2.5 V that's better than 3-to-1! This means very little heat dissipation as opposed to some other diodes (like Blu-Ray :-?). That is definitely a very good thing :cool:

By the way, speaking of the Vop, any voltage above the operating voltage simply dissipates into heat, right? So... for ideal conditions, diode voltage needs to be at or very well near 2.5V... do I have this all wrong? I knew I should have paid more attention in my electronics class :p

Thanx;
DDL

S

SenKat

Shipping will be free, via airmail for the outlying areas - I know it doesn't cost THAT much for airmail, and to spread the word on these, I'll eat a bit of shipping costs to get them out to you folks over the pond :)

I am REALLY pumped about these diodes - if they perform as well as the ones he sent me, then we are gonna be sitting pretty - I can only order these in lots of 100 - so if this first batch gets filled fast, I will get them enroute, while filling another order :) After the first order, and he sees I can be trusted (since it is a large amount of cash) he may actually ship first, and get paid later - we'll have to see how that works out.

K

kingzilla

Is this the place were you buy the diode housings, which one is the right casing?

http://mfgcn.com/_wsn/page2.html

Is there anything else I need to build the laser?

If I can figure out how to do this :-[ I will definatly buy a couple diodes, at that price, I will finally have enough left over for goggles! :cool:

wizcam

Are these going to be used to make your own 250mw RED Lasers :-?

If so how hard will that be :question

Stan

Moderator said:
Is this the place were you buy the diode housings, which one is the right casing?

http://mfgcn.com/_wsn/page2.html

Is there anything else I need to build the laser?

If I can figure out how to do this  :-[ I will definatly buy a couple diodes, at that price, I will finally have enough left over for goggles! :cool:
I don't think the ones most people use are on that page. Here is the one from Aixiz on their ebay store.
Edit:spelling