Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Groomsmen Gifts

I'm getting married in March and am still thinking about the little gifts for the groomsmen. I originally thought lasers would be cool, then thought it would be a dumb gift, but for lack of a better idea I'm still leaning towards lasers. I want to give a gift that would be kinda fun and not too expensive. Gave engraved flasks a thought but giving someone a flask is like saying "Hey you look like a drinker on the go".

Anyways I'm sourcing you guys for ideas whether it be laser related or not.
Thanks! :p

Last edited:

Congratulations!
If your groomsmen aren't laser enthusiasts, why not get them each a nice LED flashlight w/battery & charger?
Sometimes they come with colored filters that make them even cooler.

:beer:

even people that aren't enthusiasts still like lasers. maybe check out the laser pens that alot of people are talking about on here from ebay that are way overspec. not to expensive and you might be able to take them to somewhere like "things remembered" (local engraving place) and have them engraved.

Gift basket with a flask, zippo, and laser. All engraved if ya want. I'm sure they wouldn't think anything of it. If they don't drink, they can just have it as a keepsake in the liquor cabinet that almost everyone has anyways.

Pics of the bride or I won't share what I have in mind with you :na:

The idea needs to be freakin amazing then :p I'm very proud of her, but if you wanna see a pic it's gotta be good :yh:

Does "Things Remembered" just engrave anything? I assumed they only engraved their own stuff.

I like the ideas so far keep them coming!

Last edited:
What's the budget ceiling on the gifts? Do they need to be identical? For how many people?

I'd go with flashlights, but bear in mind most people, non laser, flashlight, or RC enthusiasts have no clue about lithium batteries, so if you get those, you should also get them a charger and 1-2 batteries.

Flasks are nice, but kind of useless. Most likely will be relegated to a drawer somewhere never to be seen again. Lighters are great... for people who smoke mostly.

I would also consider knives, or watches.

i love the engraved zippo idea. and while i agree with ie it makes more sense for smokers. i dont smoke and i carry around a lighter everywhere. they can be super handy and everyone asks you for a light now and then dont they?

IsaacT

Watches are a good idea, except most people I know have one watch they wear regularly. A lot of people use watches handed down, for example my father uses his Dad's watch. So the question is, would they ever wear the watch? Guys, those I have seen, tend to have one watch and wear it everyday.

A knife is a brilliant idea. One can never have too many knives, and so many people EDC a pocket knife it would be useful.

Or just do what Doctor Who does in "The End of the World", and just give to them breath from your lungs...be sure to follow it up with "No homo", course I suppose its your wedding, so that is somewhat implied.

Hope that helps,
Isaac

I used to smoke, and carried a lighter at times, even long after I quit.

Personally my problem is I could never find "the" lighter... zippos are fantastic, but unless you use it regularly, and hence refill it, at least in my case I would forget to fill it up, and have a useless weight in my pocket.

With watches, you're right, most people do tend to wear just one all the time... personally I cycle through four watches 99% of the time depending on where I'm going. (Work, out, formal, etc,.)

Another idea... engraved tactical pens. Legal to carry a lot of places that knives aren't... and quite rare, would be a memorable gift.

I used to smoke, and carried a lighter at times, even long after I quit.

Personally my problem is I could never find "the" lighter... zippos are fantastic, but unless you use it regularly, and hence refill it, at least in my case I would forget to fill it up, and have a useless weight in my pocket.

With watches, you're right, most people do tend to wear just one all the time... personally I cycle through four watches 99% of the time depending on where I'm going. (Work, out, formal, etc,.)

Another idea... engraved tactical pens. Legal to carry a lot of places that knives aren't... and quite rare, would be a memorable gift.

agreed zippo fuel does evaporate quick so maybe the butane version? also pen sounds good but i would lose it :p.

I would say an EDC knife or an EDC flashlight (that uses AA batteries)

I think most guys who arent knife or flashlight enthusiasts would find one of those cool.

What is your budget per person?

I have 5 people standing and I'm not breaking the bank or anything. I was thinking a $30-$20 limit. I wouldn't mind going the flashlight or knife route so long as it is something interesting or unique, not just a regular engraved knife, I lost one I received.... I can't even remember how long ago.

In a nutshell id like to give it to them and they go "Yeah, that's pretty cool". 1W blues have that effect but aren't $30 and I wouldn't dare let those 5 guys lose with 1W's all at once :p

Last edited:
I'm sure they would get a kick out of a laser, however unless they are truely enthusiasts like most of the members of this forum are they may get bored of it and never use it again. Whereas a small quality flashlight or knife would last them a lifetime and they would actually get real world use out of them.

Although most real quality EDC light are more in the $50 range there are a few options that are right around your budget.

If you wanted to get them a flashlight I would suggest getting each of them a Jetbeam BA10. It uses a single AA alkaline battery so they will not have to mess around with li-ions. I have a friend who is a mechanic and has used this light for years and loves it, very bright for such a small light. Check out GoingGear's site for these.

If you wanted to get a knife you could go with a kershaw chive. I have one of these and they are great for openning boxes and whatever else. These knives are extremely sharp. Can be had for around $30 on e bay.

If you really were dead set on getting them a laser, you can check out e bay and get a 5mW 532nm pen laser. They generally range from $5 to $10 and are normally way overspec.

Last edited: