Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from South-Africa

Hi, people

I have read many post on this forum and have become absolutely addicted to lasers and flashlights in just 3 weeks! this is so funny.

I also experienced that most of your answers can be answered by refined searching inside the forum and Google.

I'm totally new with lasers. Bought a fex DVD-roms from a guy, extracted the diodes, built 'n DDL driver on a bread board, bought one aixiz module. the setup is very very make-shift, used an old nokia phone charger as power source. already blew 4 diodes, just by fooling around. Well I learned that I need to be very very careful with the suckers.

anyway i'm an artist living in south-africa. currently trying to build a LLP touchscreen and also working on a IR-self portrait.

ooo and thanks for all the clever people out there, ill also share my knowledge once i discover something.

one more thing: please forgive my spelling and also my sentence construction, i don't really pay attention to it anymore:)

vrede!
Roekeloos

Welcome
vuvuzela.jpg

HAHAH im a master at blowing the VUVUZELA! we have all kinds of songs and beats going with it! its brilliant. Have you guys tied it before ?

The worldcup is really really awesome! and doing our country so good!

Hey Roekeloos, welcome to the forums! You need to add yourself to the member map here: Member Map

You'll be the official representative of your country!

Added myself to the map. HAhaha im not only the official representative of my country, but of the whole continent:sold: :crackup:

thanks for the claim.

blrock

And here I thought I was the only South African...welcome!

Ah, great to see fellow South Africans! Saw somewhere that there are only 11 of us registered, but I doubt more than 5 are us are actually active. Where are you guys from? Im in cape town. :wave:
Wow this is my first post where I actually have anything useful to share WOOT!

Bidorbuy.co.za is selling 50mw greenies for an astounding R55 plus R40 shipping (R90). I do not have a tester but these seem to be VERY poweful and close to my 100mw (but which in all fairness is prob underspec). Have any of you tested these? They are from Importer Boyz. Thinking of getting the 200mw pen from them soon but doubt its specs so im holding back.

It's tough being at the very bottom of Africa with all these super deals flying around in LP forums.. Sigh..

-Humphry.