Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greenies can burn your eyes

Thought that I would share this link from MSNBC. Greenies are pumped with alot of IR and it can bleed through the crystals. This is proof, that using a greenie as a toy, can ruin this hobby for alot of people. I actually got my first FDA decline to ship, on a Chinese company today, DealExtreme declined to ship a 80 mw 405nm, just yesterday. Here is the article:

The Body Odd

DX won't ship any 'complete laser' higher than 5mw to the US. Searching would have told you that. You can however still get modules and parts.

And more than green will burn your retina's. Pretty much any wavelength hobbyists play with isn't eye safe over 5mw... whether you can actually see the light or not.

Last edited:

Ash

Thought that I would share this link from MSNBC. Greenies are pumped with alot of IR and it can bleed through the crystals. This is proof, that using a greenie as a toy, can ruin this hobby for alot of people. I actually got my first FDA decline to ship, on a Chinese company today, DealExtreme declined to ship a 80 mw 405nm, just yesterday. Here is the article:

The Body Odd
I don't think it was the IR that did the damage, it was the 150mW of 532nm laser light that did the damage.

They really should relocate all the lawyers to some other planet, remove all the warning labels off everything, and let darwinism run it's course... The gene pool could certainly use the chlorine, after all.
Totally Agree.....:eg:

Jerry

The latter won't happen without the former happening though. Since the lawyers are the reason everything has warning labels in the first place.

Last edited:
LOL This is the best laugh I have had all day, THANK YOU and the quote from qumefox is the best. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

haha what an idiot, a direct arc through his heart, its a wonder he didn't die