Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green or blyray from olike?80 or 100mw bluray?

hello i have a little problem. XD i received a 120+ green pen from olike but it is underspec.. unfortunately. now i have in mind to DON'T GET another 120+laser ( i prefer to buy a 150+ laser pen from optotronics,that is good with nimh batteries and not requires 3.7volt). so i have a credit in olike site. what could i buy with 113 dollars or LESS? i think i could have a refund for the difference.

i noticed a 80+ bluray pen. cot 83$. and a 100mw bluray 100$. 20mw of difference is so important? the 80 is rated (80/100)....the 100 only (100+)..so i think is a better deal the 80+ with a little lucky .. to have about 90mw or more :)

i don't know if is a right choose a bluray...if it is visible or not in beam. i have a 30mwgreen and it is very visible by night. COULD A 80+ violet laser beam BE AS VISIBLE AS a 30 green? maybe not fully.. but similar? it is 3x times powerfull the bluray.. i hope YES(it is well visible in beam)

any confirmation or suggest?? :) thanks

Well a BR will never be visible like a green laser due to its wavelength. BR's are primarily intended for burning purposes while greens are bought for their visibility. I own a BR set at about 110 Mw and as an individual I can see the beam at night. However the violet color plays with your eyes so the beam is very fuzzy. If you want to have the burning abilities (although I am not so possitive about the burning capibilities of 80 mW) go with the BR, but if you go this direction it is necessary to get the proper goggles which will cost you a pretty penny for a good pair ($50 - $80). If you just enjoy lasers for their beams and brightness, well go for a stronger green laser (also recommended to get a set of goggles).