Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green lasers 50mw and 30mw inside,,, cool pics

i was plaing with my sony dx-12 and i found that its able to take good pictures,,, so i want to show you guys my 2 cheep laser pointer that i need to fix
bouth of them afre broken for the same reason, the fall to the ground and the crystal was deatached from the diode

http://www.vjc4.com.ar/laser/50vs30/MediaGalleryr

there are a few things that i can understand,,, on the 50mw ( uncap diode exposed ) the crystal its next to the diode, and i was surprised how small its the output without any lens... i took some pic with nigthvision so we can see the remaining ir output next to the dot
good news it that with the optics there ir a ir filter
on the 30mw there is no filter at all

why the 30mw diode looks so crapy ? it was never overpowered, allwais ruining on 2 aaa with less than 30seconds.

and why that expander lend its like that ? i already saw that on another newwith diode.

why the 50w goes - Diode-> cristal -> focus lens -> ir filter -> output lens
and on the 30mw goes -diode -> lens -> cristal -> expader -> output lens

on the 50w, the glue was so much that i already know where to place the cristal back to have a "similar" output like a new one, but on the 30mw i can barly have a week green output, and im sure that the cristal its on the rigth place. i remove all the glue and stared moving the cristal a few cuarter of mm to the left and rigth and i have a cool green output again,,, and if i chech the cristal, it looks "burned" on some places, it seems that the laser focused on some areas when it was broken and it damadge it,,, i am rigth ?

Last edited:

BKarim

why why why ...
cause it's cheap chinese production, but it almost works so...

yes perhaps your crystal has been burned cause it was out of position, but maybe it is a poor quality chinese crystal...
( never touch the axial faces of the crystal cause there is a coating ! don't clean the lenses with alcohol too )

the crystal is a mini laser itself so the output without lenses is almost well collimated (best than diodes that are micro-lasers).
nevertheless you should see a thiner dot with lenses isn't it ?

Last edited: