Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser Shopping

I've been looking for a nice green for my collection, so of course I looked around the forums and the net. As far as that goes I have found the style of laser I want and the power, the big question is where to buy it.

The following have the style/host I want and the power:
Firedragon-III 532nm 300mW Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser Pointer Kit (Certified Power Guaranteed) - DinoDirect.com
LZCN - 532nm 300mW High Power Green Laser Pointer Separate Crystal

I have heard around the forums that the "Firedragon" series at DinoDirect is the only lasers on the site worth buying. I have also heard some sketchy things about the site. The other company, Lazerer I have only heard good things about.

The huge issue is I live in Alaska which is obviously in the US, and I have heard for awhile about the customs issues that have come about recently.

So all this comes down to the community of course! :)

Questions:
In the case of both companies, do you think the laser will have customs issues coming in?
Which laser would you personally choose?

Feel free to name other approximately 250-400mw 532nm Lasers you would recommend.
Any other suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. :thanks:

PS... Also I would likely be willing to buy a ~250-400mw 532nm laser from a forum member. The other thing is I will be in the market for a 1-2w green labby soon. So anyone who knows where to get one for cheap, it would be great if you said something. ;)

Last edited:

Jez006

Not that I have bought from either site, but I would go for the Lazerer one because:

1. As you said, people on here only say good things about Lazerer
2. It is cheaper
3. It is focusable (I think, email Max at Lazerer to confirm that)

I just read some of the reviews for the "Firedragon" and something does not quite add up:

"A great added bonus is that it operates on 2 AAA batteries"

I don't think a 300mw laser would operate on AAA batteries. A more experienced user on this forum can hopefully confirm that?

If you want a really high quality laser, look at Laserglow, Optotronics and Dragon Lasers. High prices reflect the higher quality though.

Hope this helps,

Jez

Last edited:
Not that I have bought from either site, but I would go for the Lazerer one because:

1. As you said, people on here only say good things about Lazerer
2. It is cheaper
3. It is focusable (I think, email Max at Lazerer to confirm that)

I just read some of the reviews for the "Firedragon" and something does not quite add up:

"A great added bonus is that it operates on 2 AAA batteries"

I don't think a 300mw laser would operate on AAA batteries. A more experienced user on this forum can hopefully confirm that?

If you want a really high quality laser, look at Laserglow, Optotronics and Dragon Lasers. High prices reflect the higher quality though.

Hope this helps,

Jez

Uhh the "Firedragon" is cheaper, and the website doesn't say it runs on 2 AAAs, it says 1, 3.7v 18650.
I don't know where you got that Information, but its wrong.. :p
Also the companies you provided all want over six-hundred to over a thousand dollars for a 300mw+ laser, which is ridiculously expensive.
Thanks for your input anyways. :D

Last edited:
Also the companies you provided all want over six-hundred to over a thousand dollars for a 300mw+ laser, which is ridiculously expensive.
Thanks for your input anyways. :D

You get what you pay for in the laser world. If you think thats a lot of money you might want to get a new hobby. The laser hobby is very expensive.

Jez006

Ha sorry mate,.stupid mistake on my behalf in terms of the prices.

I still find it strange how a review talks about aaa batteries though...

It also says it can be used for presentations! 300mw for presentations...hmmm

Jez006

Just to let you know I'm getting an optotronics 150mw. Jack is really helpful and if you don't mind waiting a bit longer he'll make sure you get an overspec one in the region of 170-200mw.

For 179 dollars I think thats a great deal since I know it will be a very high quality product. As Tech junkie said this aint a cheap hobby!

Do you really need 300mw?

Last edited:
Right now I don't have much cash cause I'm looking for a job at the moment, so yes I am sacrificing quality for price.
I do hope to get some higher quality lasers in the future, but as a start the cheaper the better. Besides I hear these lasers are more than decent for the price. :)
Oh and yes I really do need 300mw, in fact I am looking to get 1-2w labby as soon as I get the cash :p (but that's gonna be awhile)

Last edited:

Jez006

They may both have costoms problems. It depends on the chances of being held by customs. This kind of chances maybe greater if express is used. My friend had ever recommended a link to me, 1010 200mW Green Laser Pointer (1 x CR123A included), he bought this one and the package is not held by customs. It also depends on luck

hmmmm. never heard of em...i wouldn't buy a high powered laser from a company that also sells mobiles phones and rc cars lol

and welcome to the forums btw ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I have decided to probably buy the one from lazerer.
But after that I'm going to wait awhile and get some quality lasers from LaserGlow, especially since theirs are FDA approved. although they definitely are not low cost :/

Last edited:

Jez006

Yeah, I have decided to probably buy the one from lazerer.
But after that I'm going to wait awhile and get some quality lasers from LaserGlow, especially since theirs are FDA approved. although they definitely are not low cost :/

Good choice. No one really cares about FDA approved lasers :whistle: ...Just be careful and wear glasses...

looks like dino direct isnt selling them anymore
and lazerer is a great choice! :)
and make sure you buy the $2 "power certificate"
they measure your lasers output

Jez006

looks like dino direct isnt selling them anymore
and lazerer is a great choice! :)

hahahaha clearly it was dodgy. and now it seems lazerer is the only choice for him! imagine if he had bought the dino direct one and now it's gone :thinking: