Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser pot mod

ryckee

hi to pot mod a cheap green laser somebody knows which one to buy ??

Increasing pump diode current shouldn't even be attempted unless you have a high quality laser to begin with.

just do it... there is nothing to lose if you buy 10mW laser pen and you will try to pot mod it... i have done a pot mod maybe 8 times and only twice it ended bad.. in 6 cases it was the best thing i should do.. i got unbelievable results.. i think it is all about luck.. you definitely should try it.. just take 2 pens at once..

ryckee

Ya i bought two and they hanen't a pot,so i want to know which brand or where to buy ty.

I think the popular brands with a pot were Leadlight... IIRC..
But like the other members have already said.. if you want a decent
inexpensive Green Laser... Get one from DX...
Pot Modding is really not the way to go... unless you have spare time
and money...:cool:

Jerry

BUT and i say BUT if you are going to do it, go into knowing it will be a waste. then go to www.ledshoppe.com that is where i bought 2- 50 mw greenies that have pots.

michael

Rather than start a new thread thought id ask the question here.

Q:When 'pot modding' how much do you turn your pot clockwise, and what results do you get?

I know that generally you would only turn in 1/8 increments but, when people talk about successful pot modding and destroyed diodes. how far is too far etc.??

potmodbatman1.jpg

Morgan

^lol :crackup:

That is a lovely way to put it FML.

@ Brendan - This thread does mainly point to the fact that pot modding is not the way. Listen to the thread and don't fry your laser. There is no way to tell when you're about to pop the diode and once it's popped, there's no going back. Just best to leave it alone and buy one with a higher output if that's what you need. Check the, 'Reviews', and, 'Companies', sections for good places to buy.

M
:)

Last edited:
^lol :crackup:

That is a lovely way to put it FML.

@ Brendan - This thread does mainly point to the fact that pot modding is not the way. Listen to the thread and don't fry your laser. There is no way to tell when you're about to pop the diode and once it's popped, there's no going back.
M

Although i was asking to help my knowledge, it was also for others reference.

buy one with a higher output if that's what you need. Check the, 'Reviews', and, 'Companies', sections for good places to buy.

M

I got a 150mw, However without a LPM i believe its <100mw (Due to its burning/no fog beam shots). (If you can show of a >150mw, DPSS 532mn, 12mm module (portable for host) . Please let us know :bowdown:.

guess im really want to get feed back from those out HAVE modded and there review and outcome??

Although i was asking to help my knowledge, it was also for others reference.

I got a 150mw, However without a LPM i believe its <100mw (Due to its burning/no fog beam shots). (If you can show of a >150mw, DPSS 532mn, 12mm module (portable for host) . Please let us know :bowdown:.

guess im really want to get feed back from those out HAVE modded and there review and outcome??

there is no way you can tell a "50mw" difference by beam shots. and there is no accurate way to tell mw other than putting it on an LPM.
i have a 40mw and a 95mw green. both look almost identical at night.

michael.

Morgan

Well one of the reasons you don't tend to find them of that power is because they won't last. Not enough heatsinking for a start and even with the best will in the world, efficiency of the DPSS system in them is only going to max out at about 20% in a binned module like the one you'd be looking for and going over the 1W pump diode is just going to add to the problems.

People do pot mod with good results but have the equipment to achieve it with some degree of predictable success. Forgive me if you felt I'd misinterpretted your post as a noob question but it was a little vague. Do a little more reading and I'm sure you'll find what you're after.

M

How does your potmodded laser work (If you have pot modded it)?

I personally think if you potmodded it that it will fail soon.... if already didn't.