Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser pointer wanted

Conna

Hi everyone.

This is my 1st post and I have come here seeking information as I am very confused about laser specs etc online and I dont feel I can trust certain online shops and what they claim their laser pointers actually are.

Is there a trustworthy person on here that I can deal with that will build me a good quality laser pointer? I would like a 1000 (1w) device and the reason I want a powerful one is that I simply love the technology behind these thjngs and what they can do. I am fascinated by their burning ability etc. I know how dangerous these devices can be and I am a very responsible person. I did have a 200mW model which has just broken but I suspect it wasnt really 200mW.

If anyone knows of someone who can build me a good device id be very grateful.

Many thanks.

I have bought from Sanwu and SurvivalLaser recently. Search for reviews on the forum. There may be other options on your side of the pond. Your going to pay a premium for a premade laser. Easily around $400 - 550 if your really set on 1 watt of 520nm green. The diode alone is $200.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Hi and welcome to LPF, I would build one for you but being that your in the UK its a big chance that customs will intervene and confiscate the build and you would be out of luck.

Rich:)

Conna

Thanks for the replies.

I read that it is illegal to sell in the UK but not to import them. I have seen some 1000mW pointers on a website for around $160.00. Would you say these are not genuine 1000mW ones then? How much would it cost approx. Lifetime 17 to build one for me?

Many thanks.

GSS

This is the sort of thing I keep seeing on my google searches. Are they not what is being claimed then?

LT-301 1000MW 532nm Green Light High Power Laser Pointer Kit Black - Laserpointerpro.com

Thanks.
Stay away from that sight. That is typical 301 host $10 pointer.
Since your in the UK i'll wait for someone else to chime in to help you. Just try to resist the urge to order anything now matter how well its labeled or said to be without some research and help. Many have made a mistake to regret.

Conna

Hi guys, again, thanks for the replies. These websites should be closed down for trying to rip ppl off. Ill check out the links provided when im home from work later. Thanks again.

diachi

These websites should be closed down for trying to rip ppl off.

4853ce63d34e23c6b8da6c4d6c6eeadc.jpg

Unfortunately ... would be nice if websites out to rip people off could be shut down. But that's a slippery slope. ;)

Keep us posted! :)

Last edited: