Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser module from O-like 50mW-100mW

Maxi34

Hi all,
Has someone ever bought one of those two laser module from O-like?

Green laser module 50mW For custom build or lab [OLGLM50] - $26.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

100mW industrial green laser module [OLGLM100] - $59.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Especially I'm interesting in visibility of the beam and the heat produced by 50 vs 100mW.

I would put one of those two module in a laser combiner similar to the Flaminpyros White Fushion Machine.
And, I know, it's not the write section for this but:
I've read that the best ratio of power for a good white balance in an RGB system is 1:1:1 but with RGV?
I'm going to use 300mW of 660nm, 700mW max 30mW min of 405nm, what power I should use for green?

Thanks to all and sorry for my spelling...

Regards from Italy
MAX

The beam will be more visible, but not amazingly so, you should be more concerned with just the mix, and build the mix around whatever green laser you choose. It'll probably be easier to mix with a lower powered green laser, as you'll need less red and less violet to mix with. Both red and violet have very low luminous efficacies, meaning they don't appear very visible to the eye; you'll need quite a bit more of them to compensate. You might consider using a 445nm laser instead of the violet, unless you need a really nice looking beam. 445nm is a lot more visible than 405nm. You could also use a 635nm red laser diode, but those are hard to tame optically, so that 660nm will probably have to do.

Mixing? The ratio is different for 660nm and 405nm than for other mixes like 635nm and 445nm. I had a projector that had 100:40:150, but it didn't have a good white mix, and the 405nm's color also had to do with how it fluoresced the surface it hit. You may need something like 6:1:8 or something. Again, 445nm might be better, as it is more visible, and doesn't fluoresce surfaces as much. You can even buy those single-mode 445nm lasers, despite their extra cost for a nice dot.

Ultimately, you should just have lasers that you can adjust to the white balance you desire. White will look white in the absence of some other reference.

Maxi34

Thanks Bionic,
So I would finally go for a 445nm blue.
What do you think of this mix: 50mW 532nm, 400mW 660nm, and an A-140 445nm adjusted in power as needed? I know the A-140 have a bad shape/divergence but it's less expensive and I'm going to create a modular device that would be handled if needed.

I don't expect a perfect white, just have fun mixing different colours and have a nice results.

Last edited:
The 445nm blue really isn't that terrible over short distances. Greens also diverge rather quickly, so it's probably not a big deal.

Those lasers will probably work for you. You may even consider buying a 300mW 635nm laser diode instead of those 660nm lasers. They're MUCH brighter and scale up nicely. They just have weird beam shapes that look like bars at longer distances.