Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser help

i have a 500mw green laser pointer and it seams like a 200mw how can i check that also there is a green circle around the laser dot with a weird design inside the circle how can i fix it

Get a cue tip and clean the lens, as for checking the power, you will need an LPM (Laser Power Meter)

I tried cleaning it with a que tip and it didnt work also its called ASKY laser and says 500mw green laser pointer but i cant find it online how can i find it?

TuhOz

Wait wait wait tell us some more about your laser.
1. From where did you buy it?
2. How much did it cost?
3. Is it your first laser?

4. Do you have safety goggles?

I bought it in hong kong last week for $40 usaly its cheeper over there than in the usa
Its not my first laser buts its my first 500mw laser i know alot about lasers from online
Also the battery it came with was a 3.6v but it died so i combined 3 aaa 1.5v and hooked it up to it also it can pop black balloons from up closr and light maches if its colord black or very close to the laser

TuhOz

I bought it in hong kong last week for $40 usaly its cheeper over there than in the usa
Its not my first laser buts its my first 500mw laser i know alot about lasers from online
Also the battery it came with was a 3.6v but it died so i combined 3 aaa 1.5v and hooked it up to it also it can pop black balloons from up closr and light maches if its colord black or very close to the laser

I think that laser is ~ 150-200mw

You cant get real 500mW 532nm for $40 :undecided:

Also the IR output can be high with your laser... be careful

Last edited:
3x1.5v= 4.5 v You probably damaged the laser and btw it's 40 dollars cheap crap lasers always die sooner or later.

Last edited:
It was a 3.6 when the circle around the dot started a day after i used the 3 aaa (4.5v) because the battery died also i found a 200mw asky laser pointer online it looks just like mine so the might of change the tag and thanks for your help