Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser Help.

Paddy

I've been looking around to try find a 532nm laser with a power output ranging from 100mw-300mw with a decent beam divergence.
Price range is around $200 (would prefer lower but i can go higher)
From looking at reviews the one that stood out for me was the FireDragon III
(http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/d...-300mw-green-laser-detailed-review-65920.html) I'm not sure where to get hold of one of these as DD have stopped.
Others that caught my eye were the o-like 400mw (http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-o-like-400mw-new-532nm-laser-warning-big-picz-66448.html)
I've seen a few others on Rayfoss for around $150 @200mw but can't seem to find a review for any of them.
(www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com)

So my question is can anyone recommend a laser fitting what i'm after either from experience or knowledge from accurate sources.
I wouldn't mind a laser built from a forum member for absolute quality guaranteed but have yet to see any threads with them in.
Sorry for the long rambling thread, i miss having a green laser after my 200mw rayfoss broke and am at a loose end on which one to invest in.
Thansk in advance for the advice :)

Lazerer.com is the best company going right now. Specs are guaranteed and for 3 bucks you can get YOUR laser metered and get the full report with you're item. What you order is what you get. Plus he's pretty quick. There's a lot of happy people here to show for.

200mw (guaranteed 160-200) for well under $150.00.

You need to decide what's more important for you, divergence and beam specs, or power.

The firedragon offers a lot of power... but I can tell you firsthand the divergence isn't great, it also has a relatively large beam diameter.

Same goes for the olike, but since it's focusable, divergence is not a factor.

100mW to 300mW is a huge range in price, and even more so depending on what kind of quality you want.

Lazerer is NOT the best company going right now. They are best CHEAP company. If you want a high quality laser go with jetlasers, optotronics, or laserglow.

I'll post two green lasers for sale later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe three... haven't decided on whether I wan to part with the firedragon.

Paddy

I'll post two green lasers for sale later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe three... haven't decided on whether I wan to part with the firedragon.

Post a link to the thread in here when they're up i might be interested!
The ones on lazerer seem decent, but in a few reviews people have said they aren't very stable at all which puts me off them.

The main reason i want the green is for beam quality i have a red and soon to be 405nm for burning.

Paddy

Hmm, was looking for a Higher output.
The lower end of the power i was thinking of the high quality CNI lasers cus they seem to have a nice beam on them.
Just had a look about for the FireDragon too, only finding them on wholesale sites which offer no guarantee if customs claim them.
Haven't had any lasers into the UK for a while since they apparently made some new law, not sure how easy it'd be to get a laser in without sending it in parts. (Tailcaps then host separate etc)

I don't suppose you have any experience of the o-like 400mw?

I don't suppose you have any experience of the o-like 400mw?

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-66964.html

Just a bit;)

It's a good laser if you get lucky.

The first one I got was extremely underspec, and died within a matter of days. So I had to send it back at my own expense... lost about $50 on shipping altogether.

So from the time I ordered, it took a little over two months for me to FINALLY get a working laser.

I also picked up a second one down the line from another LPF member. That's actually the one that was sold in the thread I linked to.

Problem is, o-like plays games with their spec guarantee. What I mean is they will sell you the 400mW, and claim that it's >350mW.

If you happen to own an LPM, and test it out, to show that it's less, they will than tell you that the 350mW includes IR. It also does not include the loss from the waterproofing lens.

So in reality the 400mW o-like can be "on spec" according to chinese logic if it produces even only 30mmW of green.

These lasers also tend to warm up quickly and the beam specs vary a bit from laser to laser.

If you're seriously interested in a powerful green, I do have one of firedragons... it peaks at just over 500mW and does around 450mW... $230 shipped to UK.

Paddy

The same host as the one i linked?
I would probably be interested, would be willing to pay more to get tailcap seperate just to be sure it gets past too.

The same host as the one i linked?
I would probably be interested, would be willing to pay more to get tailcap seperate just to be sure it gets past too.

That same exact laser:http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/d...-300mw-green-laser-detailed-review-65920.html

If you want to have tail cap and battery shipped separately that's no problem at all, but tracked shipping is $25, so total price would be $250.

I can also ship the two packages, one each from different address and post office to two different addresses.

Paddy

I'm mainly after one that's very visible and holds a tight beam over long distance.
Been looking at the Dragon lasers viper, but they only seem to do up to 75mw now.
The Optronics 150mw pointer looks to be good, but the host looks cheap and tatty.

I think i need to invest in a LPM, seems i'm assuming if you can prove a laser isn't up to spec most companies (rayfoss, o-like etc) would refund/replace them.

Any green that is >50mw is very visible. Going over 75mw is a bit overkill if you just want visibility and not lots of burning power. Don't forget to get some goggles too if you want to use it inside.

Paddy

I have more goggles lying about than anything in my house don't worry xD
I'd quite like a green that would show up in sort of dusk/dawn light, wasn't sure if 75mw would cut it.

If you are not including lots of light pollution + street lamp stuff, it will still be visible during that time. When you are getting to >100mw with greens it's like more than double the price. So if you have the cash to splash and the laser experience, go as high as you need to.

Paddy

I used to have a rayfoss 300mw green but it broke, felt underspec too and the focus with a spanner wrench was annoying.
I'm tempted with the optronics pointer, but the shipping costs a bomb and the host looks cheap (only have pics as reference)

Paddy

Ok in a bit of a pickle.
I've narrowed what i've found down to;
Hulk Series 100mW Green Handheld Laser :: Green Handheld Laser --- 532nm Laser ----- Hulk Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers
Viper Series 75mW Green Laser Pointer :: Green Laser Pointer ----- 532nm Laser ----- Viper Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers
Optotronics Product Details

The MAIN feat i'm after is the ability to maintain a thin beam over 5miles+
I'm not interested in burning as i have lasers that do this better already.
The divergence and stats seem similar on all of these models so i guess i'm asking from peoples experience with these lasers as to which one would be recommended. (Factor out the price in these 3 cases)
If there are any other suggestions apart from these 3 that would suit my need better feel free to share them, but as far as i can see the Viasho/CNI are the best out there at the moment.
I'd appreciate any advice given.

LaZeRz

For a thin beam over five miles you would need a 10 or 20x beam expander.