Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser help!

Hello, i live in England and i noticed the different threads mainly talks about buying lasers with dollars. I have been reading lots of different threads about green lasers and i read one about what are good sites to buy from.

I recently bought a 5mw green laser pen from ebay (my first laser pen ever), when i got it i was rlly pleased at first untill quite quickly it started to go dim after 1 second of pushing down the button. This means the quality must be bad because i changed batteries and everything.

Anyway i was looking at the reccomended sites to buy green lasers from and i came across ledshoppe which sold 5-50mw laser pens for decent prices. However it is American seeing as i need to pay in dollars and i was just wondering whether they would ship to the UK??

Is there a legal limit of mw that you can order if you want it shipped to the UK?

I cannot comment on the laws, But we have many UK members here who can.

Currency conversion is automatic with paypal, and a quick google search can tell you the exchange rate.

Cheers from the USA.

Oh and.....

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

mat.jpg

Ok and 1 more thing, i keep reading how O like and rayfoss is really good, but i cant see the big deal? i mean i go on their site and the navigation is terrible, i want to look at some green lasers that aren't 100 - 300 mw, and it just wont show me lol. especially rayfoss - i go on their site just to have a look at the 5 - 50 mw lasers and it just wont show me lol.

It's not the site that is good, They just have nice deals and good support.

I have a rayfoss module that I got for $8 = $8 shipping that puts out a lot more than it's supposed to. It's "rated" at 30mw, and burns plastic!

ok that sounds good but how did you find that? i typed on the search box something really simple like green laser pointer and it comes up with a result saying "no phone". who said anything about buying a phone? lol

yeah our search can suck.

Let me go to my ebay profile and find it, I'll post a link.

Rayfoss and o-like both have ebay stores.

ok cheers, by the way is there anyway to talk to a Uk member? sorry for all the questions, but i appreciate ur time.

Hey ty for the link, ive been eying up the Locator/Astronomy/Hunting/Portable 532nm Laser Pointer for $29 with free shipping. How many mw is that? cause it doesnt say and considering the price im guessing its a good quality one?

Dunno about know my stuff, I am just an old git with a few years experience under my belt.

I am happy to answer questions from fellow UK members if I can, if I can't answer then I am sure others here will be only to pleased to help.

Jerry

I've read you posts Jerry... plus your the most recent I could find.

Jacee comes to mind also.

hey jerry i was wondering if u could tell me the maxinum mw laser you can buy and get shipped to your country through customs? if customs confiscates it do you get ur money back if u buy from a site like ledshoppe for example?

Legally speaking <1mW is the maximum. If confiscated by Customs you get a warning letter stating "dont let us catch you trying to do it again"

And no, you wont get a refund, hence the disclaimers most sellers display saying it is your responibility to ensure customs compliance.

Jerry

Wow, photonaholic.. I wish I could rep you again.

The level of helpfulness you've shown in this thread is exemplary. Hopefully others will follow your example. Nice!!! This is how all veterans should be, IMO. I know it's a bit of work finding links, etc, which makes it all the more commendable.

Last edited:
know any good laser sellers from the UK?, id rather buy from the Uk seeing as i live in england

I wanna buy like a 10 or 20 mw laser or maybe 5

Last edited: