Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser buying advice

Hi. I'd like to buy a good green laser (50mW-200mW). I saw the Wicked Lasers' Evo and I though it was really cool and well made. I liked the idea of being able to control it from my smartphone via bluetooth or audio cable as well as the SmartSwitch technology, which made it even safer, even if I didn't fully understand what is an open source firmware useful for. I was going to buy it despite the pretty high price, but then I came across LPF and read many bad reviews of Wicked Lasers company. I've read all the buying advices here but I didn't find a good alternative to the Evo laser which has similar features. As for the price, I'd like not to spend more than 200$. Can you help me please?

Last edited:

nothing wrong with wl i think, just that their lasers are a bit overpriced and maybe underspec for what you pay for... go to laserbtb i would say they are the best to buy from right now but if u really want that laserhost its probably not bad but for the price? not worth it its not like their lasers are super quality considering how expensive they are really.

Last edited:
nothing wrong with wl i think, just that their lasers are a bit overpriced and maybe underspec for what you pay for... go to laserbtb i would say they are the best to buy from right now but if u really want that laserhost its probably not bad but for the price? not worth it its not like their lasers are super quality considering how expensive they are really.

Hi, thank you for your answer. Do you think this can be a good alternative? And do you know if laserbtb ships worldwide and if shipment is free? Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your answer. Do you think this can be a good alternative? And do you know if laserbtb ships worldwide and if shipment is free? Thank you!

Yes, that will work fine. Shipping isn't free, you're only two choices are as follows:
Airmail: $12.79
DHL/FedEx: $31.16

Have you owned a laser before? These lasers can be very dangerous if you aren't careful...

Looks good to me. How come you are buying the wire and switch?

And do follow hwang21's advice. 200mW of any power is no joke, one hit and your eyes are gone.

Last edited:
Have you owned a laser before? These lasers can be very dangerous if you aren't careful...

And do follow hwang21's advice. 200mW of any power is no joke, one hit and your eyes are gone.

No, I haven't owned such a powerful laser before. I always put security first, and I'm going to use this laser responsibly. I'm also thinking about buying the 100 mW version, but I'm not sure of which one of the two I should buy.

Looks good to me. How come you are buying the wire and switch?

STEP 3 of this PDF from lasersbtb explains why I'm buying them.

Last edited:
Have you owned a laser <5mW? If this is your first laser in general do not buy one over 5mW

Have you owned a laser <5mW? If this is your first laser in general do not buy one over 5mW

I have had many <5mW lasers of course; the most powerful I currently own is a 20mW green one. Let's say the one I'm going to buy is my first 'serius' laser.

Last edited:
For some weird reason i cant acces tho the thread 33 REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY FROM WICKED LASERS. My best advice would be to stay away from WL, but like always you are the one with the final words for your laser ...

Well thank you all for you advices. I'll buy PL532 - 200 from lasersbtb. I'm going to spend about 250$ including all taxes, shipping and accessories, the same as if I bought the Evo. But the Evo had 75 mW power, while the PL532 has 200 mW so I actually saved much money.

Last edited:

Joed

I just bought the same laser. I read thru these forums pretty thoroughly before I bought and I have to say I was still impressed when I got it. It may even be more then I wanted. It is impressive but at the same time it has me handling it with caution after actually seeing it in person. I doubt you will be disappointed.