Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Labby powered by a stick pack

We call em stick packs in the RC field coz they sorta look like a stick.

i-12134234470i.gif

from left to right in clockwise fashion:
EX PC PSU bridge rectifier
Missile Switch
Laser head (300 mw)
3000 mah NiMh stick pack
MI LDD-40 driver pcb (on top of pack)
connector from pack to electronics

These drivers will happily run off 7.2 volts but thats pushing it. The bridge rectifier drops the voltage to 7.2v tops so if the stick is fully charged, at 7.8 volts it wont blow the laser driver. Everything is soldered, I just went anal on the tape as I didnt want anything shorting. I'm going to remove the laser head, slip some heatshrink over the driver PCB then reattach the head. I figured I might as well use the connector out of my losi spin start for my RC nitro truck as I am changing all the connectors on my RC gear to microdeans type.

Now to find a nice home for it :)

edit: hmmm thats given me an idea. A miniture THEL. put it on my truck with servo mount of X and Y axis :)

Oh yeah. High powered laser on an RC car with a little turret setup, VERY cool.

Don't bother finding a nice home for it, just do that with the RC car :)

Its a good thought M, but I live in sydney - sure the blokes in blue are dying to try out their rocket launcher skills and blow up my $1000+ nitro truck and $300+ laser. Besides, it wouldnt be safe unless I had an onboard wifi camera so I could see where the cam was pointed, before I fired.

Still, would look great tho, 80kph + RC nitro pulls to a stop, crane stabiliser legs come out, and the dude that flew his TREX right near my head watches it drop from the sky in a smouldering mess :D

Now that I know the laser will run from 7.2 volts quite happily with the bridge rect in series, I am easily capable of dropping a 7.2 volt regulated supply I have inline to make it back into a lab laser rather than a portable battery operated laser plane killing machine that the stupid media are hyping about when the bans hit.