Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green-IR Laser Sight/ illuminator

What do you look for in a Laser sight

• Looks, styling, color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wieght

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi every one

Welcome to my Green-IR Laser Sight/ illuminator build.
In this thread I will be sharing what it takes to make a Mil-Spec Laser sight.

Software being used:
-Solid Works
-MPLAB
-PicKit2
-Altium Designer

Components being used:
-PIC 16F1827 and support components
-Luxeon I LED - White 1 Watt
-7027 "BuckToot" LED Driver Module
-IR laser diode
-Green laser diode

Now for the green laser diode we need one with a round apc inside the case these are smaller than regular modules.

:sold:

lol Our military might have green diodes, but I don't know why they'd need them... You're definetly not getting one though unless you found another magical projector with green diodes in it. You need a green module that has a IR diode pumped through crystals to make green light.

I was going to use two diodes one IR and Green unless the military only uses IR?

I presume you want 100% invisible IR. What wavelength are you thinking of? 980nm perhaps?
Do you have any IR diodes in mind yet?

Green would be referred to as a green laser or green module not green diode. Otherwise people will keep correcting you since it takes a 808nm IR diode & a couple professionally aligned crystals to make green.

Last edited:
I was going to use two diodes one IR and Green unless the military only uses IR?

ROFL---- Dude, seriously do some reading around the forum BEFORE making posts and threads about constructing things you know nothing about.....

Try doing a google search on 532nm DPSS lasers...

May be I should rephrase. I going to use a green laser module and a IR diode of 808nm.

Thank You
HaloBlu

Make sure whatever green module you use can handle the mechanical shock of a gun firing.

Also, they make IR LEDs if you wanted a flashlight to use with NV.

Also, you might want to pick a deeper IR, to stay invisible?

Also, luxeon I's are sturdy, but not as high-output as newer LEDs. If you've already built a design based on the Lux I's, you can try Cree XP series or SSC.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Yes 808nm IR is still visible as dim red to most people. 980nm should be totally invisible. You can check how well your nightvision might see it by using a tv remote. They use 940nm IR LED most often. 980nm Infrared laser torch 150mW will likely need extra optics for long range.