Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greek protestors laser journalist/camera

Trevor

Why can't we all call Greece "Griekenland?" English sucks. :(

It really sucks to see pointers used like this. I guess Greek legislation really is on the way.

-Trevor

Benm

Somehow i think they have plenty of other political matters to discuss over there.. i just reposted it here for those that want to see the effect.

I was not there. lol. Yeah there are plenty of political matters here. Peoples gather there everyday swearing politicians and using lasers. They even had a scanner which formed bad words about politicians :) It sucks here, I may need to move to Germany to continue my studies, since education in both school and colleges sucks.

Not that it helps all that much, but I've been wearing my T-shirt all week in support.

bustedtees03772ed9e2f87a693f70ecd4b09c8b471.jpg

Ash

Um. Why does it say Greece below a Union Jack (UK flag)? Humor?

Benm

I think they'll be planting union jacks on various islands that Greece has to sell off to raise some funding :D

Um. Why does it say Greece below a Union Jack (UK flag)? Humor?

Yes. The joke comes in two parts:

1. Self-effacing humor, pretending to be the "dumb American" who is not knowledgeable about geography etc.

2. Making fun of everyone else who does not ever notice what's wrong with your shirt.

There's tons more like this, with an (American) football, then the word "SOCCER" below it, etc.
Company logos with one brand, and the wrong name beneath it.

I think it all got it's start with the movie "Animal House" where Jim Belushi's character would wear a sweatshirt that said simply "COLLEGE", in that varsity-letter style font, if you glance quickly, it just looks like any other university/team fan sweatshirt, but if you're observant and actually read it, it's funny...