Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Great war movies?

I always enjoy a good war movie, but I really dont know too many. He is a list (from what I can remember) of some good ones in no particular order

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Full Metal Jacket
3. Enemy at the Gates
4. Band of Brothers (still need to watch them all).

Anyone feel free to add to the list, I'd always like to watch more!

rkcstr

I just watched a few episodes of Band of Brothers the other day. It was very good. I guess you could consider it a "long" movie, but it definitely deserves to be considered IMO :D

mikeeey said:
I always enjoy a good war movie, but I really dont know too many. He is a list (from what I can remember) of some good ones in no particular order

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Full Metal Jacket
3. Enemy at the Gates
4. Band of Brothers (still need to watch them all).

Anyone feel free to add to the list, I'd always like to watch more!

Here are my favorites
1. The longest day (all star cast)
2. To hell and back (Audie murphy, the most decorated war hero in history plays himself, a must see, true story)
3. Sergeant York (a great WWI movie, true story)
4. The big red one ( a great movie)
5. Kelly's Hero's (not a true story, but great entertainment)
6. Patton (goes without saying)
7. Das Boot (a really great movie, if you rent it, get the original german language version with english subtitles, it's worth it,)

Man there are so many, I could go on all night.

ps, I bought band of brothers, it's great too, if you liked it, you've like all of these.
Jack

I've seen a ton of great war movies, but the only one that comes to mind atm is The Great Escape. Highly recommend everybody check that out -- it's a classic!

EDIT:
The Deer Hunter is also highly recommended.

I think I will check out Enemy at the Gates.

laze_doctor said:
I've seen a ton of great war movies, but the only one that comes to mind atm is The Great Escape. Highly recommend everybody check that out -- it's a classic!

EDIT:
The Deer Hunter is also highly recommended.

I think I will check out Enemy at the Gates.
Yes, defiantly check it out! Here is an awesome sniping scene! (I believe also the beginning scene..)
[media width=425]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NetrA56gx8&feature=related[/media]

The Bridge on the River Kwai is a great war movie, can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet. :p Also really enjoyed Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse now.

And to finish up the greatest war movie of all time: All Quiet on the Western Front 1930 version...but the 1979 (TV) version is also very good for those that want/need color etc. :) I don't have that problem as my favorites of Hollywood are the likes of Bogart, but a lot of people are allergic of black and white...their loss though.

Niko said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1237861022/0#9 date=1237964249]Windtalkers
Apocalypse Now
Hamburger Hill
Three Kings

:p

Too late, watch my post :p[/quote]
lol wut

On Saturday I watched Miracle at St. Anna. It was a pretty good movie. Here is the trailer for those interested:
[media width=425]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcKPi5DyGWs[/media]

Full Metal Jacket
The Patriot
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List
In the Name of the King
Braveheart

I watch a ton of movies :p