Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

great diy tool kit....

Hey all... i have been waiting a while to post this. it is a tool kit i bought for work but use in my laser stuff too. it is a kit by greenlee tools. it is drill bits that are combo drill and tap in one tool. i have been using them a while now. i mostly use the 10/32 and 1/4-20. i have tons of drill time on them and they are still super sharp. i drill slow speed with cutting fluid. the only draw back is that you cant drill deeper than the actual cutting/drilling tip. if you do then the tap part starts to catch and you will probably snap the bit in the hole. these tools are great for the diyer. i find them especially handy for making set screw holes in heat sinks. and now a pic. note, the pic is of a metric set but they come in standard as well.

Greenlee-DTAPKITM.jpg

LaZeRz

Thats a nice kit :D Guess how i got my drill kit?
I found it in the middle of the road...

btw what kind of cutting fluid do you use?

Last edited:
i use rapid tap. but when i lose my can or run out i use motor oil. it works surprisingly well. i'm sure you know but never use a lubricant like wd40.
what kind of kit did you find? like a whole tap set?????

micahel

Pilgor

Greenlee is top notch quality. I have a greenlee journeymen set (electrician) and I love it. If you're on the edge, jump because Greenlee is awesome.

Last edited:
i don't know if greelee is international but if not i highly recommend our international diyers to get this kit. and any greenlee laser related tools. are you an electrician pilgor??? i'm in the electrical business. but i'm not an electrician. i sell and service circuit breakers and motor control.

michael.

Last edited:

Pilgor

i don't know if greelee is international but if not i highly recommend our international diyers to get this kit. and any greenlee laser related tools. are you an electrician pilgor??? i'm in the electrical business. but i'm not an electrician. i sell and service circuit breakers and motor control.

Electrical Engineering student at Northern College.

oh cool. good luck. i know it is tough to get the electrical engineering degree.

michael.

Pilgor

Ya, the course is harder then it has to be, but it will be worth it.

Thank You

LaZeRz

Its a 24 piece wood and metal drill kit from i think around 3mm to about 14mm going up in 1/2 mm increments :D no tapping tools unfortunately although it was free

Last edited:

HIMNL9

No "Greenlee" brand, here, but you can find "Dormer" tools relatively easily ..... not cheap, but they have drill bits sequences from 0,5mm to 10mm in 0.5mm steps for "commercial / hobby" use, and "industrial / professional" sequences from 0.1mm to 13mm in 0.1mm steps, and from 13mm to 25mm in 0.5mm steps (at higher cost, being non-standard diameters, but still can be found in big industrial shops)

No "drill+tap" bits, anyway, at least not around here.