Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grand Purchase Planned - check the poll link & vote for your Dream Laser Diode

:beer: http://laserpointerforums.com/f58/w...ere-affordable-grand-purchase-plan-59754.html :drool:
Many more are available, so if the one listed in the poll
isn't the one you always wished you could afford,
let me know your wish, and it may be filled.

If the manufacturer allows mixing quantities and part#'s ...
everyone could get what they want !

Otherwise ... the top chosen one or two diodes will be purchased at large
quantities, and sold to you at very reduced prices.

Vote for your Dream Diode at the link above :)

Last edited:

jakeGT

Re: Grand Purchase Planned - check the poll link & vote for your Dream Laser Diode

Let's go 635nm 300mW 5.6 mm!!!

Re: Grand Purchase Planned - check the poll link & vote for your Dream Laser Diode

The high powered 635nm would be cool, but I really wonder about the optics side of things and whether it's multimode, etc. Before purchasing in large quantities you should see how useful they'll be, and how easy they'll be to work with.

The high powered 635nm would be cool, but I really wonder about the optics side of things and whether it's multimode, etc. Before purchasing in large quantities you should see how useful they'll be, and how easy they'll be to work with.

Yes, all good points!

I'm going to check with the manufacturer if it is SINGLE MODE as the datasheet says
or if it was a mis-print, when the 30mW version datasheet was made.

The 30mW IS Single element, and the 300mW could be too, I have to make sure.
The other 500mW and 1 watt diodes are multi-mode.

These parts are Medical Grade components so it is possible the 300mW is
SINGLE mode.

Before I order anything I will make sure to confirm this with the manufacturer.

Any other questions, you'll be able to compile in another thread,
where the poll is, to have me put to the manufacturer before ordering your choice diode(s).

Tonga

Yeah, I'm with jake on the choice.

The day I see a 635nm 5.6mm diode in > 250mw CW single mode operation, I'll sell all the things I can to get one.

I'm surprised so many people voted for TO3 and C-mounts. I can't remember the last time I saw many people building them here - especially never for sale in the BST.

I voted the 635nm 300mW as well, but by "affordable" I'm sure it'll still be way out of my price range :/