Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got my first laser working!

Nothing special, I'm just excited that I got it working on my first try :)
Although I'm 90% sure the diode got burnt up before I took this picture because it puts out almost no light now... after it flashed really bright when I was turning the pot.
Anyway, this is the red/ir diode from a phr-803t. I wanted to try it out before I try the blu-ray diode.

Attachments

• working_diode_001.jpg
    working_diode_001.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 80

Looks good. I see you're using the 'DDL' circuit.

Always pleasing to see the diode light after going through the work of extracting it.

Good luck with your bluray.

just a word of caution - now that you've got your circuit working you should transfer it to perfboard so the connections are solid - breadboards work great for most applications but when dealing with a regulator where a slight change in resistance could create a spike large enough to kill the diode, it's just not worth the risk

you'll want to get an Aixiz or Sure module to focus the beam also, i saw your diode just hanging out there, focus it!

MarioMaster said:
just a word of caution - now that you've got your circuit working you should transfer it to perfboard so the connections are solid - breadboards work great for most applications but when dealing with a regulator where a slight change in resistance could create a spike large enough to kill the diode, it's just not worth the risk
Didn't thinnk about that, thanks for the heads up. I'm glad my safety glasses aren't here yet because I probably would have plugged the blu-ray into my breadboard already haha.
sk8er4514 said:
you'll want to get an Aixiz or Sure module to focus the beam also, i saw your diode just hanging out there, focus it!
Yeah, I have one but I was just using this to test my driver so I didn't bother putting it on.