Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

got my CCNA

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
just got my CCNA ,cisco certified network associate :cool:

yup im a geek

S

SenKat

SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ! KNEW you could do it, man ! :) Congrats !!!! Party at c0ldshadow's !!!!

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
thanks greg, yeah its very cool, the cert only lasts 3 years though which is kindof demoralizing

u aer the man

talk soon
regards
-ave

S

SenKat

Well, c0ld.....to be honest, that is why THAT cert is worth so much more than Microsoft's certs. I mean - I have my MCSE - but it is in NT4.0 ! I have kept current, with Vista certs and such, but CCNA is the way to go for value in today's tech world. That is IF our entire IT community doesn't get outsourced out of the US. I could go on for HOURS about how I feel about that, and the people that take our IT jobs for a fraction of what they are worth - jsut for cost saves, but I am sorry to say that it would most certainly turn into a rant, and I would get banned pretty fast for saying soem of the things I would want to say. You getting your CCNA is a great thing, though - you will be able to keep Ostine in a custom she would LOVE to become acustomed to ! hehehehehehe !!! The first beer is on me when you come to visit, man ! :)

The nice thing about Cisco certifications is that if you sit the CCNP exam in say 2 years it'll certify you as a CCNP and re-up your CCNA and CCDA if you get that also. And, of course, if you have the money and do the CCIE you re-up all your certs in one fell swoop provided you pass the exam.

Gratz

P.S. When I left the telecom industry I had collected twelve industry certifications. It was awesome during the dotcom era as the more certs you had the more money was thrown at you. Now, it pays to have just a few or you will educate yourself out of the industry. I took the money, built some nice data centers and telephone switching centers then ran over to the laser business and never looked back.

NairB

Well done c0ld....are you planning to get a job in IT now utilising your CCNA??

SenKat said:
Well, c0ld.....to be honest, that is why THAT cert is worth so much more than Microsoft's certs.  I mean - I have my MCSE - but it is in NT4.0 !  I have kept current, with Vista certs and such, but CCNA is the way to go for value in today's tech world.  That is IF our entire IT community doesn't get outsourced out of the US.  I could go on for HOURS about how I feel about that, and the people that take our IT jobs for a fraction of what they are worth - jsut for cost saves, but I am sorry to say that it would most certainly turn into a rant, and I would get banned pretty fast for saying soem of the things I would want to say.  You getting your CCNA is a great thing, though - you will be able to keep Ostine in a custom she would LOVE to become acustomed to ! hehehehehehe !!!  The first beer is on me when you come to visit, man ! :)

LOL @ Greg
Don't very few ppl make a lot money doing IT stuff?
I mean...aren't companies going overseas for that kinda stuff since it's cheaper?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey hon
networking can't be outsourced because it requires you to physically be there in most cases

T

timelord

c0ldshadow said:
just got my CCNA ,cisco certified network associate :cool:

yup im a geek
Well done mate ;)

Attachments

• geek_003.jpg
    geek_003.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 104
That's awesome... congrats! I got my CCNA earlier this year as well, so I know how much you studied. Much more info to understand (not just regurgitate on an exam) than my MCSE. I wish you good fortune getting noticed by the right company.

I'm taking Cisco 1 & 2 this year, but it's my senior year in high school, so 3 & 4 I'm going to have to take at a college. I really wish I would have known that my highschool offered cisco 1-4 when I was a freshman, I could have been certified already. Plus I may have gotten a promotion at work. (i'm a computer page at my local library - tech support for patrons)

anyways, congrats on your achievement!

tomcat

i work as a apprentice it tech so im doing my ccna inline with my nvq ( national vocational qualification) only just started on the it-essentials 2 though ( got it-essentials 1) because the work is hard and have no time to writeup for my Qs

Aseras

did you do it on your own or did you do one of the bootcamp type classes where they train you and then test you?

I've been considering doing my ccna now that I'm doing so much PC work. All ov our network equipment is finally getting replaced and we are going all cisco. We have a bunch of shit 3com stuff now that we bought back in 1997....

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys

i had several cisco classes in college and did not do a bootcamp

i studied from the cisco press books and sybex as well.

for my CCSP i will likely do bootcamp..