Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got a new toy today

Just got me a 450 mW (average) 808 nm laser today - this baby burns black and brown colored things like the Sun is on it - but still takes awhile for red colored, white tipped matches LOL oh well, someday I will get one that can light these fast without coloring them ........ next I want something around 800 mW ;D

oh yea, and yes Im wearing my goggles when I use this one, I do learn some things from you all on this great forum.....

LarryQ

Very nice.... :cool:

Post some pics or vids!!!

Almost 1/2 watt..that's a lot of power....!!!!

LarryQ

This is the one tomrinny just bought from pseudonomen137 - it's now in the mad mans hands - flies and wasps beware LOL why swat em when you can zap em ! :cool:

Rhith

I've done it with my green! :cool: You see a bright green flash when it hits them and no more bug. Probably too stunned and blinded to do much.

I know its cruel but i catch things in glasses, then get a laser out... muhahaha, it cant escape! Its just seeing all the smoke comming from its head ;D
I only do it to bugs that annoy me though, like if a wap is buzzing around my head, in the glass he goes. :)

Rhith

I hope you're using safety glasses! :cool: Don't want to hurt yourself now. ;)

Aseras

me_too_lazy said:
lol does it actually work
burning bugs in midair

I've done it with the RPL and the Herc. I usually fry their wings off first though. My 1.1 watt IR doesn't work well at all though, except against mosquitoes. they cook instantly.

The best combo I've found is to use a 50mw green to blind them ( especially for houseflies ) and then swat em. They don't fly off they just sit there. It's a lot easier and more effective.

S

SenKat

chickenfish said:
I know its cruel but i catch things in glasses, then get a laser out... muhahaha, it cant escape! Its just seeing all the smoke comming from its head  ;D
I only do it to bugs that annoy me though, like if a [highlight]wap[/highlight] is buzzing around my head, in the glass he goes. :)

Hmmmmm.....{SenKat hastily scribbles notes to all the WAP friends he has to stay away from chickenfish.....}

errrr.....wassa wap ? hehehehehe

Daedal

That's pretty weird... Aren't bugs supposed to be somewhat 'reflective'? :-?

This time of year Florida is SWAMPED with UF's major genetic experiment... better known as the 'love bug'. ;D These things are absolutely nonreflective. If you hit them on the right spot they just go crazy and try to run in 2 different directions (I say they because it's 2 bugs that are too addicted to s.e.x they are attached at the 'bottoms' :eek:)

--DDL