Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gosh more ebay burning laser kits

Not sure if anyone has bought from this ebayer before but he seems to be targeting the burning laser population with his kits

Ebay combo 658nm
ebay combo 808nm

His auction looks professional but it is obvious he is catering to the burning crowd.
His 658nm diodes have almost the same spec as Senkat's GB diodes but operate at 150mA typ and max rated pulse op is 300mW. All other specs almost identical.

I wouldn't recommend purchasing the kit at full price maybe offer him $40 or less. Someone won a $50 offer before.

At $45, For the 2 ~GB diodes plus other funky esd stuff and an ar coated lens, the price is not bad.

Looks pretty overpriced if you asked me. Seems like the sets are just relatively cheap diodes with a bunch of random junk mixed in. If the extras were actual useful things like a heatsink and driver, that would be one thing. Finger cots and tweezers though? Eh. Maybe it'll be good for some audience, but I know I'll be steering clear personally.

I wouldn't touch it personally either. But it is really interesting how they are selling these things lately. The accessories probably aren't worth more than $5 combined but the diodes seem to rival those from Senkat's GB costing only a few bucks more.

Wow you get a diode, anti-static tools, and antistatic condoms. ;D

Spend your money on something better, like Halo 3. ;)

Actually you get TWO diodes.

Read carefully. offer him less than $40 and it might actually be worth it. assuming the diodes are not crap.

Yeah your probably right. Probably be better off just buying 2 GB LDs and then getting all the other tools cheap somewhere. I doubt all that stuff is more than $10.00.