Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Google & LPF

Google and www.laserpointerforums.com are the only two websites that fully load when my crappy connection speed goes down to 600B/s (yes, you read right, Bytes :D).

Many people do not realize this, but LPF is really, really fast. I don't know if it's really well optimized or if it's Opera that makes it even better (I want to believe it's the two of them) but I've really got to admit these two are the only websites I can load when my connection goes that bad.

Way to go! :)

k1kb0t

I don't have that problem Niko but since we have moved to the new server browing and posting are faster.

Jon

Hmm, that's strange...

Google's front page is only 2-3kb, plus an 8k image... The front page of LPF is 90+kb, plus however many images, embedded flash banners, inline iframes containing google ads, etc etc... I'm sure it's well over a meg. My avatar is 460kb, your signature is half a meg... Any thread you and I post in is WELL OVER a megabyte, which should take you at least a good half hour to download at 600b/s.

Google loads fast no matter the connection. You are seeing LPF load fast because it's already in your cache.

Hmm, that's strange...

Google's front page is only 2-3kb, plus an 8k image... The front page of LPF is 90+kb, plus however many images, embedded flash banners, inline iframes containing google ads, etc etc... I'm sure it's well over a meg. My avatar is 460kb, your signature is half a meg... Any thread you and I post in is WELL OVER a megabyte, which should take you at least a good half hour to download at 600b/s.

I've got all banners blocked via Opera.
Thus I only see text and the LPF logo which is an interlaced 46kb png, which already is on my cache.
All avatars and sigs are on cache too so no problem there. I only need to load text.

Of course if the thread is full of new pictures I'll be waiting 'till 2012 for it to load..

Might be that LPF and Google are the only sites you use frequently enough to have their DNS records cached? Try connecting to other sites via their IP address rather than domain and see what happens.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt read your post fully, if it starts to load this won't be the issue. Your browser probably has a cache of most of the content on LPF, and Google is tiny, so that's probably why. If you need a test site, then I know Test Page - Charlie's GMS to be tiny (less than 1kb), and won't be cached on your computer.

Last edited:
All the sites load fast for me, i used to load it on my ipod touch but with all the ads now i forgot about it.

D

Deleted member 8382

Truly Opera is making it easier, I think you are the first person I meet out of opera forums and a part from the ones I've inducted to use it that use Opera, which is really strange since Opera has prooved to be the best navigator...

Truly Opera is making it easier, I think you are the first person I meet out of opera forums and a part from the ones I've inducted to use it that use Opera, which is really strange since Opera has prooved to be the best navigator...

Por supuesto, ¡Opera es lo más!

D

Deleted member 8382

opera for life, you can't imagine how does the POP3 client makes my life easier :D