Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good laser to start my collection?

Hello all,

I recently decided to start a 5mW LaserGlow pen wavelength collection. I was checking out their website and while waiting for my PP money to be added to my BoA account I looked over this laser:

Laser:
Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

I have heard LaserGlow is the best of the best when it comes to these things and $30 seems fair to me. I am also very interested in the fact that it is 635nm instead of 650nm.

What do you all think? :D

I think 589nm and 473nm would be great to get but very expensive of course. Also by BoA is that "Bind on Account" ?

Makes more scenes ahah. In WoW

BoA = Bind on Account

BoE - Bind on equip

ect.

So yeah I was confused lol.

No problem, I understand how BoA can be confused for other things. But anyways, I think this could be a good collection starter laser.

Honestly all these collections are crazy. And 635 is over rated in my opinion. I love my 589 to pieces and when I get my 561 I'll be sure to brag :p but seriously save for a real laser instead of these collections of common wavelengths.

Honestly all these collections are crazy. And 635 is over rated in my opinion. I love my 589 to pieces and when I get my 561 I'll be sure to brag :p but seriously save for a real laser instead of these collections of common wavelengths.

Well if I ever hope of achieving a 5mW rainbow Im going to need a 635nm :yh: I am not looking at 589 currently, 635nm is a good place for me to start at.

Don't you just love that 589 more than you love me? lol JK. 589 is a nice wavelength, just doesn't have to much in the power compartment. You should totally review that 589 and LPM it. I bet ya It's 10mW for how bright it is.

And @Greenlander one nice thing about 635nm and direct diode lasers in particular is you can beat the shit out of them and they will still run. In a DPSS if you drop it, you get a nice paper weight. I've seen direct diode 650s live through things they shouldn't have. Let's just keep it at that.

Haha, I don't think I plan on throwing my 635nm anywhere. But glad to know they have that much of high quality :thanks:

I gotta agree this 589 is over spec. It's as bright as my newest greenie (not in sig yet). Actually though might be similar power as they share ALOT of traits. I have to upload pics of my "luck". An ebay pen I've had a long time, actually the one I home ir filtered, is SUPER STRONG! Can see the beam clearly in day, and the beam is just monster! Can't catch it on camera however :(

Update:

Just purchases the Libra from LaserGlow, heard it's a great laser. Here goes my collection :beer:

This should be a good laser(heard from review)

Next will be buying their Anser 532nm 5mW unit, after the 405nm then I will see :beer:

Tmack

Why go green. You got a green monster. Go for the 405 next!!