Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good Laser pointer

jcgill

im buying my first green laser and was doing some research.  i want a 60-75mw green laser.  for under 200.  i found wicked lasers, dragon lasers, and nova lasers.
I found the Phoenix 75mw from Wicked.   The X75 from Nova.  and the Viper Series 75mw.  I just want something that has a good visible beam, night and day, inside and out.  and popping balloons and lighting matches is a bonus if possible.

diachi

DO NOT buy from wicked lasers, they over price their lasers, and under power most of them.

Buy from NOVA or Dragon Lasers, whatever one you would rather go with,they are both good :)

-Adam

jcgill

okay thanks thats what i was wondering. i think ill go with nova ive heard good things about them

both dragon and NOVA are good, I've owned both DL viper 95 and Alpha 105 from NOVA both over spec

stay away from wickedlasers like the plague ;D

the total comes to $223 shipped at dragonlaser and $170 shipped (with discount warp5) from nova but you get a nice case points and stuff with it

diachi

If one sells the same cheaper go for them, I can't remember who is cheaper out of DL or NOVA .

-Adam

I can get the x75 for $156 if I use my friends points and account :cool: plus nova gives you a power reading on your particular laser

frankiefrank said:
Nova is only cheaper by $10 so any real difference or should i just flip a coin?
sorry for double posting but DL's shipping is a bit more (for me anyways in michigan) DL's shipping is $19 where as NOVA's shipping is 9.99 (for me in Michigan less than 4 hours away from them)

Hmmm, I'm looking for a new laser too. My first laser was from Wicked, I actually thought it was good, just the 5mW green laser. I'm looking to buy a more powerful one this time, maybe something around $100-$200? Any good suggestions?

jcgill

ive asked around and i recommend using nova. they have great quality and their sales rep has also been very helpful. But dragon and optotronics both have good prices and ive heard they are good.

Nova just announced:
"Our NOVA Series lasers are currently unavailable as they have been discontinued and we have not found a suitable replacement in the price range."

Hmmm, I wonder what that is about. I did notice that there lasers were a lot more expensive than dragonlasers for the same or similar power.

I guess I'll stick to dragonlasers for buying.