Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good job survival laser!!

I have been ordering quite a bit from survival laser recently! I have yet to deal with them personaly, but the shipping has gotten faster with each order! Last thursday I ordered a 5.6mm press kit, tripod, and a few heat sinks. They showed up saturday with regular shipping! I love it! Thanks guys!

Last edited:

You sure are doing the best!! You sent me an extra driver for free! Well im hoping it was intentional! So if anyone hasnt ordered from Surviver Laser I recomend it!!
Again super fast shipping! Ordered one fixed current driver on weds night! I got the package on sat!!

Davidx

I ordered some googles from survival laser. I accidently entered wrong state.
Spoke to Gary. Good guy. Very knowledgeable. Took care of my mistake.
Plus he's in the US!
I'll be ordering from them again. Thumbs up Survival Laser!

I too have purchased lots of things from them and have no complaints. I highly recommend the "extended length focusing rings" they also have good hosts, and if you buy the extension tube any of the three can run on two 18650.

Alan

APEX1

survival laser is one of the best places to buy good quality hosts, etc... Gary is a very nice guy. also is very quick to help out in any way he can.. A+++++++SL

Thanks noobphaser215, we're here to help! ;)

well gosh i was a little scared away by the prices on some items(i hate to admit it but i tend to go for cheaper things...) but with all of these good reviews i might have to check you guys out.:D

survival laser is one of the best places to buy good quality hosts, etc... Gary is a very nice guy. also is very quick to help out in any way he can.. A+++++++SL

You bought from them before? Can a regular C6 host with M140, G-2 lens 1.8A reach 2.4W I'm thinking for one.

APEX1

You bought from them before? Can a regular C6 host with M140, G-2 lens 1.8A reach 2.4W I'm thinking for one.

(Most of these M140's average about 2.2W @ 1.8A using a G-1/2 lens. The low is about 1.9W and some coming in as high as 2.5W.-DTR shop)

The M-type diodes are 2w diodes and the A-type are 1.8w

and yes I have bought from Gary many times.

Oh, if your planning a 2w build be sure to use a copper heat sink to reduce heat. And you will need the drilled driver pill option so the x-drive has room to fit.

Last edited:
(Most of these M140's average about 2.2W @ 1.8A using a G-1/2 lens. The low is about 1.9W and some coming in as high as 2.5W.-DTR shop)

The M-type diodes are 2w diodes and the A-type are 1.8w

and yes I have bought from Gary many times.

Oh, if your planning a 2w build be sure to use a copper heat sink to reduce heat. And you will need the drilled driver pill option so the x-drive has room to fit.

From what I know.... The pill driver is a x-drive and a battery contact board( I think....) and am I right if those are all the components I need to buy.

SL C6 Host w/ extended and tapered copper heatsink
SL 1.8A X-drive
M140 Diode 2W In aixiz module
Soldering iron
soldering leads (idk too much about)
2x 3.7V batteries 18350/ cr123a

That's all but I heard some custom hosts have "superior heat sinking ability" which is a "direct press" host. But it all depends... I just want something that would last 1 min without getting hot. I Will be posting a picture of my hand drawn host of what is going to look like hopefully someone would make it for me.

Thanks, 1+

APEX1

The driver pill is not the driver! The driver pill is what holds a Circular driver or contact board. But in your case being that you are getting the diode that already has a driver (xdrive) on it, you will need to get the drilled driver pill so the (square) xdrive has room in the host it self!
Just get the diode without the driver and buy the driver preinstalled into driver pill from survival laser, then all you have to do is solder the leads from the driver to the diode!

give me a few min and ill post everything you need to buy and an explanation of a few different drivers with pictures etc...

<---- video of how to build a 1w laser just buy the 1.8a driver

http://www.survivallaserusa.com/DIY_18A_Driver___Pill_Module/p1667092_9813780.aspx <-- here's the (driver pill) with driver already installed if you don't no what your doing go with this!!

http://www.survivallaserusa.com/DIY_C6_Host_Assembly/p1667092_7862087.aspx <--- host

http://www.survivallaserusa.com/Extended_Copper_Heat_Sink/p1667092_7862093.aspx <--- heatsink

now here is the xdrive https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/flexdrives/x-drive

here is the circular driver Survival Laser Driver looks like he is out of the 1.8a driver

Last edited:
The driver pill is not the driver! The driver pill is what holds a Circular driver or contact board. But in your case being that you are getting the diode that already has a driver (xdrive) on it, you will need to get the drilled driver pill so the (square) xdrive has room in the host it self!
Just get the diode without the driver and buy the driver preinstalled into driver pill from survival laser, then all you have to do is solder the leads from the driver to the diode!

give me a few min and ill post everything you need to buy and an explanation of a few different drivers with pictures etc...

<---- video of how to build a 1w laser just buy the 1.8a driver

DIY 1.8A Driver & Pill Module <-- here's the (driver pill) with driver already installed if you don't no what your doing go with this!!

DIY C6 Host Assembly <--- host

Extended Copper Heat Sink <--- heatsink

now here is the xdrive https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/flexdrives/x-drive

here is the circular driver Survival Laser Driver looks like he is out of the 1.8a driver

All the other stuff I know.
Should I get this one right here(http://www.survivallaserusa.com/DIY_18A_Driver___Pill_Module/p1667092_9813780.aspx)and just connect the wires to the diode in module (without xdrive) and be finished?
And what does an x-drive mean?

Last edited:

APEX1

You don't have to quote that last post, lol it takes up a lot of room! An x-drive is just a type of driver that one of the members here made! Its one of the best out there. But being this is your first build you should just get the stuff I listed in my last post. Or you could try and do it the other way lol 1.8amp driver already pressed into the pill and solder the leads to the diode! Did you watch the video I posted? Oh and just use the search bar and type in xdrive. Better yet look for the thread laser drivers, it can be done! I'm gonna try and get my buddy Alan to stop by here and help out a little better. I'm not good at explaining this over a key board hahahah

Last edited:
O.k.
And should I get the C6 housing or a custom made direct press host? I heard it sinks more heat...