Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good competition between DinoD and JETL on 635 ---

I have been wanting to order a JETLASERS 635 PL-C for some time now while doing the GBs- I have not had an opportunity to get one in my hands even for another GBer.

I was about to take the plunge in GB#4 and then the new host coming soon(PL-G) was announced and I wanted to wait as no way could I afford both.

I always convince myself that I will get both and sell one but I have told myself that lie way too many times.

The release date for the PL-G host is TBA soon but I am not sure how soon.

In the meantime I will find out as much data as I can from Gray on the 635 PL-Cs. JETL lasers are guarnteed to be overspec. They have a one year warranty. What very few issues have been found so far with lasers from JETL have been resolved to the satisfaction of the GBers.

If DinoD can provide a laser and the same level of support that would be great. Maybe we will have a price war ....j/k.

It sounds like rhd is going about this in the best possible way and he, IMO, would run a great GB.
The competition is between DinoD and JETL, not the hosts of the GBs. When I learn more on the JETL 635s I will do a thread and link it in a post here.

len
here is the entire GB pricing on all red JETL PL-Cs
Our GB is the same as a wholesaler pay when buying 100 pieces min.
PL-C (Red/orange)
635nm
635nm =====GB ...........................retail
200-300mw 310$ .................349-489$
400-500mW 440$ .................489-689$
300mw ...230$......................... 279-399$
400mw ...380$ .........................429-599$
this price list was updated and with new much lower pricing just before GB #4

Thanks for the info.

I have been thinking about a 635nm laser for quite some time now. Can't wait to see what you find out.

Thanks for the info.

I have been thinking about a 635nm laser for quite some time now. Can't wait to see what you find out.

Me too- the 13 hr time differnce means my querie to Gray will get to him Sat morning so we may not have much new til Sun nite(monday morning at JETLASER)

Both Money Leu and myself have red PL-C Lasers and have done reviews but in 650nm not 635nm. A search at LPF found no others.

Some will be ordered in the coming GB#5 so the reviews will be done asap.

I hope they have the same OSpec as the 532 Pl-Cs or close.

I will know more on Sunday.

hak

Pressure is being put on me to get #5 going- anybody that wants OFF the list plz let me know- any that knows thier choices plz let me know that too. I would like to see the final list stage reached in the next two weeks or sooner. Once we have 10 to 15 firm 'wanters' I will call for the funds- so get ready as here we come!!:drool:

No word yet on the new PL-Gs-

EDIT UPDATE

This thread closed- post here

see post #20 and changes to the OP here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/j...now-wanters-list-thread-64196.html#post929732

Last edited: