Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good 593.5nm portable/pointer?

Where is a good place to buy a quality 593.5nm yellow in portable format? Preferably something with good heatsinking and always on ability. Money is not a problem for this one as my lab needs it.

Razako

LikeitBright said:
Where is a good place to buy a quality 593.5nm yellow in portable format? Preferably something with good heatsinking and always on ability. Money is not a problem for this one as my lab needs it.
http://laserglow.com/index.php?vega
10mw is the most you'll find in portable form. You'll need a labby if you want more output.

I just bought a Rigel from Laserglow. It'll be here tomorrow, I can give you pics and whatnot if you'd like. The Vega would be everything it is but more; more stable, more power, better divergence.

Happy to help if you're interested.

nice BGM on the vega tunnel vid. faithless - insomnia - maybe the best tune of all time. :cool:
ive been meaning to buy a vega 10 for a while now, if it wasnt for the price increase i may have just had one by now.

LikeitBright said:
Where is a good place to buy a quality 593.5nm yellow in portable format?  Preferably something with good heatsinking and always on ability. Money is not a problem for this one as my lab needs it.
If it's for lab application,you'd better buy a module with TEC inside.For the protable laser or pointer,it won't be working longer than several minutes,I think.Maybe only several second.
The yellow laser isn't so stable as green or blue lasers.If the temperture change,it will emit other wavelengths.
If you really need the portable or pointer,you can consider one with fan inside.I know laserglow has one big portable laser,which has fan in side,so it can work longer time.

whats this about the rigel changing wavelength? i havent had any bad experience with mine i got last year off pseudo. ive had the laser on 2-3 minutes flat and it seems fine though when the batteries are exhausted it sometimes gets dimmer then eventually goes dead.
recently i noticed the laser gets really bright after a minute or so (for a few seconds only) but this peak must be atleast 4-5mw :-/

darklandz said:
whats this about the rigel changing wavelength? i havent had any bad experience with mine i got last year off pseudo. ive had the laser on 2-3 minutes flat and it seems fine though when the batteries are exhausted it sometimes gets dimmer then eventually goes dead.
recently i noticed the laser gets really bright after a minute or so (for a few seconds only) but this peak must be atleast 4-5mw :-/

Mine runs like a little champ untill it gets dead batteries. Unfortunately, they seem to be very sensitive to current, and if the batteries start going, they will be quite variable in output. Mine has never gone green though. When it's got good batteries though, after a second or two of warmup, it gets really bright. LG said on the sticker that came on the box that it had a 3.25mw average so I suspect that it peaks around 6-7mw. I need to get this one on a powermeter, but my friend with one lives six hours away. :(

darklandz said:
Some 593.5nm pointers output 532nm in bad conditions, here's a good video Sawt made showing this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTltc5zCCE[/media]

Not all 593.5 nm portable laser need duty cycle. I know one with CW operate mode.

Attachments

• GLP-593-1.jpg
    GLP-593-1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 118
laserlover2008 said:
Not all 593.5 nm portable laser need duty cycle. I know one with CW operate mode.

The CNI yellow (or orange or amber or whatever you want to call it) laser at 593nm is what most of us here have. It doesn't have an advertised duty cycle, but we've all found that it works best to give it some sort of on/off time. The crystals on these things get hot really fast and go to hell.

Oh yes they can. the NLO is a bit more sensitive than the YVO but high heat can blitz either one or you can damage the reflective and AR coatings on them.