Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good 1w+ 445nm Handheld Laser

Hello to all LPF members, I'm new to the forum so go easy on me :D
Sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong section, but I was looking for a good quality 1w blue laser pointer, I've seen a couple of companies selling relatively good lasers, such as DragonLasers Spartan 1w, Survival Laser, o-like etc, but if any of you with experience can recommend a good laser, I was more interested in the actual output of the laser, for example my Arctic G2 is quite underpowered and i have searched a lot on this forum and have seen many people getting underpowered lasers from WL.

The laser will merely be used for burning stuff, so to anyone who have had experience with Survival laser, Spartan (or other laser over 1w) that is of optimal quality, could you advise me on which is the best for its price (price is generally not an issue, however needs to be reasonable).

So far I am not really pleased with my Spyder G2 mainly due to its underpowered spec (I don't have an LPM meter but I think by the looks of it it is around 7/800mw. I was going to order a Spartan from DragonLasers but thought I would get more information from you guys (with experience :D) to recommend a good laser before ordering.

The title says 445nm, but DL Spartan is 447nm (wavelength isn't important as long as specified output power is achieved. I am mainly interested in the visibility of the beam and power to burn stuff.

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Honestly I dont think spending over $120 to get 200mW more is worth it. There wont be that much of a difference in burning. If you want to spend the cash then go for a 1.5W and up laser. Just make sure you have really good goggles. Those Chinese goggles wont hold up to that power very long.

I have the arctic also and its 750mw too.
Also have the sparten its 1100mw.but it took like 6 weeks to get it.
Its a great burner too. But if you want to try to bulid your own
You will have a much better laser and cheaper too or have someone build one for you.

Thanks for that info josh! Yeah, Dragonlaser's pricing are expensive anyway compared to sellers on here :)

Apart from those, is there anyone that sells 1w +, many have sold out since they are custom built they have only a few.

Last edited:
I might be convinced to part with one of my sipik builds since i'm strapped for cash, even though I don't really want to sell whole lasers.

It does around 1.2W and has modes. I'd want $150 plus shipping for this particular one.

100_0734.JPG

100_0733.JPG

I apologize for the mess. :p I had started moving furniture to clean behind stuff before I burned my hand and haven't felt up to finishing so far. :p

Beamshot taken with a normal exposure with no smoke, by the way.

Last edited:
Lol, pointing at the monitor screen, you sure that's alright? Thanks for the pics, they are awesome but I think 1.3w Guidesman sounds attractive. just out of curiosity, how long do these lasers last, I mean, literally? :D

edit: realised the beam pointer now, it looked like you were pointing it there all of a sudden, sorry :p

Last edited:
Um, the laser isn't pointed at the monitor. The laser is on the desk shining towards the camera in the beamshot.

Also keep in mind that the pics in Jake's thread were taken with fog. I personally don't like using fog in sales threads since it's cheating, since the buyer probably won't be using fog when they get the laser and turn it on...

I can also tell you that mine runs at 441.93nm if it matters. :D

m140-2.jpg

Last edited:
Um, the laser isn't pointed at the monitor. The laser is on the desk shining towards the camera in the beamshot.

Also keep in mind that the pics in Jake's thread were taken with fog. I personally don't like using fog in sales threads since it's cheating, since the buyer probably won't be using fog when they get the laser and turn it on...

I can also tell you that mine runs at 441.93nm if it matters. :D

m140-2.jpg

Never new there was fog in that room, well it doesn't look like it, but a beam that is visible that much is impossible to produce unless with a DPSS laser.

Thats kind of a cheap shot. There are a lot of variables that could be making your beam look bright.

I dont think Jake would cut you down like that.

It's not a cheap shot. I call them like I see them. I've sold enough stuff over the years (not just lasers) and dealt with plenty of people who WOULD have bitched up a storm, filed paypal disputes, and everything else if everything wasn't exactly like the sales pictures. So when selling a laser, you'll never see me using long exposures or fog to make stuff look better than it does when holding it in your hand in a room with no fog.

If legion doesn't like my laser that's fine. However he should know that the pics I took are what the beam of a 1.2-1.3W 445nm laser looks like with no fog.. regardless of who builds it.

Last edited:
He's selling it almost at cost, so I dont think people would mind. Plus you can obviously see the fog.

And like I said, there may be some variables in your house making your beam bright too.

Possibly. The place gets fairly dusty due to the critters. and with my hand killing me I haven't exactly cleaned in the last week really.

And I know how much I'd make on this sipik at $150.. Unless he paid a lot more for his diode and driver than is the market rate.. his laser has a decent markup as well heh. But I don't have a problem with pricing even if he was losing money. My opinion is just that sales threads shouldn't 'enhance' things. To me it's really no different from the chinese selling '200mW' greens for $20 that are strain to hit 50mW.. It's just another form of exaggeration which I can't stand.. even when i'm not 'competing'.

I just prefer to have 'integrity in the marketplace' so to speak, and I do my part by never 'overselling' stuff I sell and people ending up disappointed.

Last edited:
Or i'll just go back to my original philosophy and not sell whole working lasers. I actually built the one here for myself to keep since I as of yet.. haven't with this host. I only offered it on a whim and since i'm broke. It didn't sell so i'll keep it.

That way I can gripe more effectively since I won't have a dog in the fight anymore. :D

Last edited: