Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good 100-200mw laser?

First off you need safety glasses and proper ones will cost you $45 from survival lasers

Second off that laser is not 200mW and is a rip off. All of those chinese stores are the same, they are drop shippers, never have the merchandise on hand and just place an order through another store to send it to you. If they do have a stock of them, then they never test them, ship them unprotected and you will get a broken item. IF it does work then it will work for a few weeks to a month and then die, you will freak out and come back here complaining it broke.

Story of EVER new members life. Do yourself a favor, save some money, buy a quality laser and safety glasses. Otherwise you will go blind from IR and then your laser will die

Go to laserbtb for some reasonable priced, high quality 532nm lasers. You can also get an IR filter installed too (recommended):beer:

Tmack

I second laserbtb.

That laser you linked to is just what livinloud said. Nowhere near 200mw and it will not be quality.

Looking for cheap lasers will get you just that. A cheap laser. This is an area not to try to pinch pennies . If you want quality at a good price, go o laserbtb. It's not far off you price limit, and is a great laser, if pens are what you like.

Even with a IR filter, at anything over 5mW you NEED safety glasses so you need to add $45 to your budget of the laser. Thats how much the glasses are shipped within USA. If you get a 100mW laser or even a 200mW as originally indicated, you will blind yourself at the power. Are your eyes worth a $10 piece of crap glasses or do you value your eyes and want to protect them?

So I have been looking for awhile and I was thinking of buying this
Aura 200mw 532nm Green Laser Pointer Pen(Brass)
But I wanted to check if anyone has any experience with this site
I live in the us and I want to know if I should get this or not

Why do you keep posting threads when you have already started one on the same issue?

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/30-green-laser-usa-87257.html

May I also add, that thread was answered by both me and LivinLoud....

Last edited:

DJNY

Even with a IR filter, at anything over 5mW you NEED safety glasses so you need to add $45 to your budget of the laser.

Not when you only use it outside, or up to 50mW inside with care.

You can´t enjoy the beauty of lasers with goggles on :tinfoil:

Zeebit

^
Ditto. I only use safety glasses when I burn stuff and I mostly use my lasers outdoors. I find it unnecessary to get a pair for a cheap green laser unless you would be using it indoors but then again why would you? There's the great outdoors where you can enjoy the beam more.

Why recommend safety glasses? Hmmm because about 5% of new members actually know how dangerous lasers are. Most view them as your cheap dollar store pointer and are safe, when in reality the lasers we use are FAR from that. How many threads have we seen that people get flashed in the eye (always an accident, I dont think anyone is dumb enough to look right into a lasers beam) and do permanent damage, EVEN VETS! If you don't instill safety from the beginning the people don't realize the danger, get comfortable with them and that's when you cause injury.

Stress safety from the beginning and we have a safer hobby, less people breaking the law and in the end LESS regulation on our hobby. THATS why I stress safety glasses and safety to new members. I am not disagreeing with you guys since I rarely use my safety glasses anymore. I know the PROPER ways to handle these without glasses and be able to enjoy the beam. Hand a laser to a new member and say use this and enjoy the beam, 95% promise you they will get a massive headache from using it; #1 sign you are doing damage to your eyes :beer:

I know I did it prior to joining here, read a few threads here and was like DAMN, glad the laser was only 15mW and not a higher powered one that did permanent damage