Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

goggles

Alexbp

Okay, so I just ordered a laser and I was wondering if goggles are necessary for out door use? I've been reading that you want to wear them indoors but are they really needed for outdoor use? It's a 200mw red laser.

Look at it this way. Your eyes are not replaceable, goggles are not expensive... Especially when you are comparing them to your ability to see. Get them, wear them. Even if you never have an accident, it only takes one mistake to take your vision from you..... Better to wear them and not risk it.

But then, maybe it is just me, but I like to see. :)

Googles are necessary for owning lasers. Wearing them is not necessary for outdoor use when pointing long distances or at the sky.

Denson

No matter what u should have proper eye protection on, indoor, outdoor, walking through a door, as long as the laser is in your hands, ur eye protection should be on.

lman

Yes, as everyone else said they are absolutely needed, think about it this way survival lasers certified goggles are only 50$ but all the money in the world won't get you a new set of eyes so listen to us and don't lose your eye sight.

Denson

ok put it this way, 1mw laser, 5 bucks, 1 eye, not priceable, your eye can be lost forever, no gettin a new one. think about it, use ur head. better to be safe then sorry. no matter what the mw is

lman

here is the spec sheet from a so called 5mw laser from amazon
650nmAmazon.jpg

not my pic btw.