Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goggles for 532nm DX laser

Lench

Hi All,

Im a complete noob when it comes to lasers but im looking to get into playing around with some of these. (maybe even making some DIY ones from CD/DVD/Bluray drives)
Ive ordered a 30mw Green laser from Deal Extreme and im wondering what kind of safety goggles should i buy for them.

I know wickedlasers has a pair of goggles for the 532nm wavelength but the deal with DX lasers is they dont include an onboard IR filter.
Are there any budget goggles out there that protect from both the green and IR wavelengths?

Cheers ;D

If you ordered the True Green 30mW, then it does have a IR filter. Otherwise.... I dunno o_O perhaps LaserGlow can give you a special order, or perhaps OEM?

Lench

thanks for the links :)
where abouts did you see that it had an IR filter? not that i dont believe you its the fact that this is still a very cheap laser and 9/10 cheap = dodgy :D

chido

It's been proven that all the true pen style lasers from DX up to 50mW do have an IR filter. DX says they don't because they don't want to get sued in case one slips by without a filter.