Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goddamn aftermarket HIDs...

Tabish

Anyone else been getting pissed of by them lately ??

I'm really starting to hate HIDs on cars.... The stock ones are fine, its those morons who put overpowered ones in their car and aim em too high.

Totally washes out the side/rear mirrors...friggin blinding...

Even worse is when these idiots tailgate me...makes me want to slam the brakes...

I get pissed at them a lot, and yes I HATE when they are adjusted incorrectly. Even on Low they are so much brighter than standard it might as well be on high beam.

JLSE

Anyone else been getting pissed of by them lately ??

I'm really starting to hate HIDs on cars.... The stock ones are fine, its those morons who put overpowered ones in their car and aim em too high.

Totally washes out the side/rear mirrors...friggin blinding...

Even worse is when these idiots tailgate me...makes me want to slam the brakes...

Makes me want to install 445 foglamps :evil:

*edit

In Ontario the cops pull you over and give nice tickets for people who cannot aim
their headlight properly. And the last time I checked there is a fine putting HID's
on your car if they are not OEM, or if that model / year of car did not come factory
with HID's.

Last edited:
Lol people honk at my friend all the time whenever he have his hi-lights.
ITS DAMN SO BRIGHT.

Bad aiming is only part of the problem. Most of those idiots buy the bulbs and ballasts. Then they install them in the OEM housing designed for your standard halogen bulbs. Those POS kits are illegal in a lot of places. I just wish the cops would do something about it. There there are the idiots that buy the ones that look pink. So mush for illuminating stuff farther down the road.

Last edited:
I have a little dodge neon that I installed HID's into. Yes they're bright, but my car is so much lower than everyone else's it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of everyone else's out there.

also, based on my experience with my dual bulbs (which allow you to use your high beams as well) I think some of the people purposely always ride around with their high beams on thinking it's gonna be brighter and perhaps more "bad ass" lol.

Last edited:
No, HIDs in an optic designed for halogen is fail. Always a fail. I flash people with my highbeams if they drive stupid. I also do the same if they are doing something stupid, like driving around blinding everybody. Do you really think it's safer driving on a road with a bunch of blind people? :tsk:

I have a friend that swears by the HIDs on his sportbike. He pisses me off a bit if he rides out of my blindspot (can't see his beams if he is in it ;) ) but I tried his bike late one night and they make a HUGE difference! My bike has VERY bright stock high beams but you can see about twice as far (with a tinted visor) using the eye-killers.
Short version: High beam HIDs are great, HID low beams should be outlawed.