Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Go Army ! "G.I. Jane" *pics*

IWIRE

Introducing G.I. Jane
9mm 445nm, 2 x 26650, X-drive mini 2.4a

It has a nice copper bus to solder to. :)

Insulated the positive contact so it won't short against heat sink

It has plenty of room for 2 x 26650 batteries

It comes with these cool lenses that store in the tailcap

Has a nice switch with momentary on,on and of course off :)

Here is Jane sportin her new look

If the FDA starts swarming my house, I can pull a lens out of the tailcap and put her in "stealth mode". :crackup:

I just shot it at my meter and this is what I got. Haven't messed around with lenses.

It even works :)

Hope you enjoyed the craziness ! :)

stealth mode;)
I did get a kick out of that.

they do so often look like flashlights except for the front

is this the new or old 9mm?

IWIRE

It's the old 9mm diode. I was cleaning out my bench drawer and found it and two 12x diodes I had forgot about. Can't let a diode sit around. Gotta build somethin` with it. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey IWIRE, maybe the army could issue these as standard equipment, after all, it is a 9mm, right. :D
I wonder how long that 3W bad boy would stay "stealthy" if you turned it on with the blue filter in place?

BTW - Nice work on the conversion. :beer:

Last edited:

IsaacT

Hey IWIRE, maybe the army could issue these as standard equipment, after all, it is a 9mm, right. :D
I wonder how long that 3W bad boy would stay "stealthy" if you turned it on with the blue filter in place?

BTW - Nice work on the conversion. :beer:

My thoughts exactly! +rep

Awesome build man! Not many people have a periscope laser. In fact i would venture a guess that no one does. +rep for some cool interesting work! Don't jump off that crazy train, she doesn't slow down.

Last edited:

IWIRE

Thanks BowtieGuy and wannaburnstuff ! :crackup: @ 9mm. I don't think the lens would last long. Didn't want to melt it :)
It was kind of funny really, I was just organizing stuff on my bench. Found a diode then saw the heatsink and the flashlight, perfect fit :) Hmm, wonder if 26650`s will fit :) Googled Army flashlight laser and found nothing. Can't have that ! :) Everybody needs a laser with U.S. stamped on it. :)
It was a very simple build. Very little modification. I think it was just meant to be. :) Kind of a cool, simple novelty build.
Dont worry about me falling off the crazy train :) I built the train. :crackup:
Thanks !

jimdt7

I guess it's a very bright blue flashlight after all! :p
Nice build my friend! :beer: +1

Jim

IWIRE

Thanks jimdt7 ! I appreciate it !
That's right. Laser ? What laser ? You mean this U.S. issued flashlight ? :crackup:

jimdt7

Who said something about a laser? All I can see is a flashlight...! :beer:

Jim

sinner

What flashlight, what laser? "Stealth Mode/movie trailer voice"

IWIRE

What flashlight, what laser? "Stealth Mode/movie trailer voice"

Ha ! Eureka ! It worked ! My parallel dimension driver actually worked. It's actually still here. Visually it's not. When it enters full stealth mode it tunes itself to a frequency of a parallel dimension. Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it's not here. Likewise, just because we do see it, doesn't mean it is here. That's why I went with 26650 batteries. That feature draws a lot of juice. :thinking:
:p

sinner

ha! its crazy how it does that. I'm curious what 2x 26650's will do. Oh boy! teleportation is real.

IWIRE

ha! its crazy how it does that. I'm curious what 2x 26650's will do. Oh boy! teleportation is real.

Well 2x 26650's will give you 4.2v in parallel or 8.4v in series :na:
It's kind of like teleportation. Only different. Imagine how hard it would be to find your favorite radio station if it was constantly changing frequencies it broadcast on. That's why the flashlight/laser doesn't exist. You don't get that channel. :crackup:

I was cleaning out my bench drawer and found it and two 12x diodes I had forgot about. Can't let a diode sit around. Gotta build somethin` with it. :)

Wish I had 9mm diodes just sitting in my drawer :p

Nice build, quite innovative and as original as it gets :beer:

Last edited:

IWIRE

Wish I had 9mm diodes just sitting in my drawer :p

Nice build, quite innovative and as original as it gets :beer:

There is a reason why I had it :) A few months ago when I first started building I was pretty bad about blowing diodes. So I always ordered them in pairs. One to blow and one to go :) This order must have been after I figured out how to use a test load and get my current right :)
Thanks will manners I appreciate it !
:beer: