Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glass Optics Provide Higher Beam Power Blu ray

originalbigT said:
how big a difference does glass really make?
I think it was like 18-22% less power with the glass as its coated for red or ar.

Switch

> +12mw Thermal Output! Compared to acrylic at same current.

Thermal output...yeah. ::) Last time I checked, thermal output is undesired.Maybe it's someone from here? If it is, shame on you for those devious marketing tricks. ;D

It is always possible that the seller is using either an uncoated or correctly coated lens for BR......

I tried looking at my glass lenses at various angles and can always see it is coated.... I see no sign of that on the photo's in the listing.....

Though if he is using something special I think he would have mentioned it.... :-/

Regards rog8811
[edit]I have asked him this....."Is the lens coated? and if so is it the standard coating for red lasers or a coating designed for 405nm?

Regards rog8811", I await the answer[/edit]

I have my answer......
Hello sir, The glass lenses are not coated for any specific wavelength

I am not sure what that means, either they are not coated or they are coated for some wavelength or other, you decide ;)

Regards rog8811

Switch

Yea, they're either not coated or standard coated for "white", but I'm gonna go with no coatings at all since I don't really see the point in a collimation lens coated for white. :-/ So is that better than acrylic or what? :-?