Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glass lens for aixiz from Stonetek - bad quality?

I bought a few glass lenses that fit in aixiz modules from Stonetek.  EVERY SINGLE ONE is bad.  At about 15 meters, no matter how carefully I focus the laser, the best I can get is a diffuse dot with a fan sticking out of the side.  All of the lenses with all of my lasers (violet and red) do the exact same thing.  What could be causing this?  The fan doesn't seem to rotate with the dot as I rotate the lens.  I suppose it could be, though - it's hard to tell.  The acrylic lenses work perfectly and create a very fine dot.

EDIT: I think I know the answer! I tried pressing the diode into the housing as hard as I could to make sure that the beam was perfectly perpendicular to the housing, and the lens focused the beam better. I think the reason the acrylic lens didn't have any problem focusing a laser that wasn't perfectly perpendicular was that the acrylic ones use only one lens. The glass ones use TWO lenses, AFAIK. That would make them much more sensitive to imperfect diode setting!

Re: Glass lens for aixiz from Stonetek - bad quali

so... its kinda like a fade away blurry, bigger dot over the focused dot?

i just check my laser n thats what it looks like with the glass.... unless yours is different then what my laser dot looks like i dont think its a defect..