Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Girls + Lasers = Not So Much

Ok I know there are girls on the forum and other girls that like lasers but as a rule, not a lot of girls like lasers. I just wanted to know if anyone has any funny stories that involve lasers and girls. I have a little story.

Me and my best friend who is a member here on the forum (Woodofcville) was hanging out at a little local firework show. Well they produce a lot of smoke and he had his 50mW 532nm. So he was shining it at the smoke about the same time my girlfriend came over. We was kinda watching the fireworks and laser. Well we started talking about lasers and I didn't notice we was for about 5-10 minutes. My girlfriend looked at me and said, "Are you going to talk about lasers all night?" See I am 15 and well you know how girls are at my age. Not being rude but not a lot of girls are very intelligent when it comes to technology or enjoy it at my age. So we said a lot of big words and it annoyed her. I couldn't help but laugh. I suppose the one thing I don't like about her is the hate towards lasers. lol.

So does anyone have a story?

Sorry no stories I just get some sarcastic comments from my friends girlfriends lol. It's just like we tune out when they start talking about makeup haha. Anyway, I'm 25 and a lot of my good friends find it nerdy and they are guys... So If you do find a girl that likes lasers keep her! I bet there are wives or girlfriends of members on here who don't get the "laser craze" either...

Last edited:
I have many female acquaintances who enjoy my epic lasers :p
I don't think it's a gender thing, but personality.
I mean, heck, my girlfriend is into UFC and top fuel dragsters. Not typical girl things :na:
Personally I don't know anyone who doesn't like lasers (I choose my friends wisely :p)

Kevlar

My wife makes fun of me. Every time I'm on the laptop, she says "What are doing? In laser-land again?" So I so nope, just looking at your facebook page!!! :crackup::na:

daguin

EVERY woman that has seen this one (so far) have liked THIS laser ;)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/stridast-silver-10440-host-52850.html

IMG_0978.jpg

I think it has something to do with solid silver and sapphire :whistle:

Peace,
dave

Cheech

My girlfriend hates lasers. She could care less about a white fusion spiro with fullcolor extension. But "Pink lasers are pretty".

My girlfriend of several years actually helped me in my initial search for a 612nm. And asked to "borrow" one of my 405s once for some reason that had to do with diffraction since all she could get her hands on was HeNe.

Now, caveat: she's a physics major and a General class ham radio operator who's obsessed with particle physics and relativity, and is into cold war communications. (GWEN, Autovon, numbers stations, etc.)

The only thing she "nags" me about are glasses/goggles. But she's pretty insistent about that. :)

.. Oh. And to not let the cats chase any 400mW spots...

Last edited:
Girls + Lasers = Not So Much may well be true for many girls/women but they do have more then enough redeeming qualities IMO. :san:

Last edited:
ou noes next up we have a show on MTV called pimp my lahzoor... NOOO

"Yo dawg we heard that you like lasers so we put a laser in your laser, so you can laze while you laze. And the host is platinum with fist sized rubies. KA-BLINGGG!"

HIMNL9

Put a laser pointer in a nice, solid 24Kt gold host, with some small diamonds here and there, hooked to a necklace or similar, and i bet your girlfriend suddenly become interested in lasers ..... :whistle: :p :crackup:

I've gotten extremely lucky in finding one girl who is extremely intelligent and shares my fascination with science of all kinds. On top of that she is able and willing to communicate in big words,she has a good personality,and her figure is also quite excellent as well. :na:
(if you like smart girls go to a home school gathering) ;)