Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Getting 1st high powered green laser, recommendations on IF filter? Certified Glass?

I’m looking to get a 200mW Green laser from Rayfoss and I’m undecided if I should get it with an IR filter? Can anyone offer any useful suggestions, Pros, Cons?

This will be my fist high powered laser and I want to get a good set of certified glasses, can anyone offer any good suggestions / recommendations.
Thank guys, this site rocks!!

crs

as far is the IR filter is concerned - i would get it unfiltered because you said you want it for burning. It will be more powerful without one due to the IR light that the beam will carry with it. Since it will be very powerful anyway you already know the dangers of shining it at people or animals so the dangerous, unseen IR light is not really what i would consider an *added* danger.

It seems rayfoss is up and running again.
IR isnt really that big of a deal, as long as your aware of it and it isnt going to do much for the burning situation though, however it will add to the overal mW.
Just follow the guide, or if you want just go with rayfoss or o-like

if your worried about the IR though just buy an unfiltered one and then install and IR filter... they're only like 3-5$

stuart :)