Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Germanium Lasers!

mfo

Awesome. Now hopefully SSHD's will drop in price fast. No way those optical wires would make a difference with the old fashioned hard disk drives.

I have been reading a lot about the "future" of flash HDD.

We will see widespread use soon enough. (Toshiba and Sony are making them now, but $$$$$$$ expensive)

alternative use for SSD is to use the SSD as a very large cache memory for the primary sataII drive. Performance of SSD writes with storage of platter drives.

Benm

Its quite far off-topic, but SSD only outperform harddrives when it comes to access times. As a cache they would be pretty useless because their sequential read and write speed are lower than the drive you are trying to cache.

Cache used in harddrives is usually fairly ordinary RAM, which does have the downside of losing data when configured to cache write operations in case of a sudden power loss.

Yes when HITACHI came out with it's micro drive 1.5" HDD model HMS360404D5CF00 several years back it cost $415.00 last summer I bought one like new referbished over the counter for $16.00 so when things come out new they can be sky high in price but drop very fast it all a matter of time...
33yqcn4.jpg

I have been reading a lot about the "future" of flash HDD.

We will see widespread use soon enough. (Toshiba and Sony are making them now, but $$$$$$$ expensive)

Last edited:
laser projectors for in cell phones are already being developed