Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gday from West Australia

Peaky

Hi all!

Been on and off this forum for close to a year now for information and knowledge about lasers, and there are some pretty awesome and informative people on here.

I have always been fascinated by lasers ever since I bought one at a local fair when i was around 10 and loved them ever since and looking to get a collection going.

So far i own a little 1mW green pointer from Ebay, a 75mW purple Nano from Wicked Lasers and a tiny red one (for power point presentations) from Dick Smith.

I have had a Arctic Spyder III on order from Wicked lasers for close to 8 weeks now, the first one has been picked up at Customs and I'm pretty sure the second one they sent out has succumbed to the same fate.

Just wondering if any other Aussies out there has had any wins or losses regarding this. I'm on the verge of just asking for my $360 back.

Kind Regards
Peaky

Welcome i just lost a 1 watt 650nm laser to customs and if i don't get a high power blue in next two days ive probably lost that too so 500 dollars ...i had plenty of cheap ones get through but the expensive ones get seized .....

Peaky

Ahh that sucks man sorry to hear I'm not the only 1.

Do you know any good distributors/builders around aus?

Personally I'd like to learn how to build then but I'm afraid importing the components might be as hard as getting a whole laser hehe.

Peaky

There's a few ppl that build lasers one is working on some stuff for me ... i let them know your after some lasers ....but you will need to show your in with the forum the group of us first i think, it will take some time to get lasers made anyway ...so stay active we don't like to get used and then cast off after people have what they want ...regards from South OZ just a friendly tip on how things work in the forum ...

Last edited:

Peaky

Ya that fair enough.

How did you go about getting your arctic? From here or did you manage to get it past customs?

Ya that fair enough.

How did you go about getting your arctic? From here or did you manage to get it past customs?
got it from Australian forum member local ....not cheap and a bit of a saga but at least i got it, one of my favorites Tbh

Peaky

Ya nice. After I got the nano from them, I got all excited and bought the arctic... Having so much trouble getting it imported though... 4 weeks every time.

Ahh well fingers crossed.

On the bright side, USD currency has gone up since I purchased the laser, so if I do get a refund, I'll get back more hehe

NKO29

YESSSSS Another Australian user! Welcome, we need more Aussies around here :)

Peaky

Ok well thanks for the introductions, I gotta hit the sack.

I'll probably be on and off here a lot in the near future. Hoping I can make a couple of good transactions and expand my collection.

Thanks Blaster and I'll be sure to see u around ;)

Peaky

hehe Gday NKO29, nice to meet you.

Yes ill be floating around here quite a bit i imagine. I'd like to get hold of a strong laser if i cant get my Arctic so im gonna keep my eyes peeled.

SKeeZ

as long as your experienced handling high power handhelds, HERE is a good option ONLY if you know laser hazards and safety protocol. And also, Wicked Lasers arctics are overpriced and usually underspec. Please consider supporting those in the forum community. Also, I would suggest reading the stickys.

Peaky

Ok thank you SKeeZ.

Yes i have done a lot of reading up on the laws and safety precautions with high powered lasers.

Silly buggers keep blinding pilots, eventually it will be totally illegal to have lasers.

Peaky

Hey Blaster, i noticed you bought one of Thejoker301's lasers, the 2.23w one?

How did you go getting that into Aus? any dramas?

Sorry for all the import questions, just after all this fuss with WL its got me a bit on edge...

Fiddy

Welcome, WA is nice on the coast :D

I have 2x 445nm, 1x 638nm and 1x 405nm arctic :)

Last edited: