Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB PHR-803T SLEDS *All Gone* Rep if you LOVED it!

airy52

All Gone!  :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :p :)

Sorry for the slight price increase. Many costs were factored in and it was what I thought was acceptable. Please do not post about it. I had to factor in shipping costs, wire transfer costs, packaging costs, gas trips to post office, my time, and risking 3000 to some china man through a non refundable no security wire transfer.

Please include special instruction and your LPF USERNAME in the optional requests box in paypal. All the information you need is on the order page. People who posted here are not "guranteed" a sled. It was just to get an idea of how many I should order. I have much much more supply than demand so don't expect this to stay up too long. Thanks!!!!

Erik

Alright there have been some common questions so I am starting a FAQ:

1: How does this work, who do I pay, etc?
Once I have received diodes, I will post a link, and it will be just like online shopping, you select what you want, and pay. Payment will be by paypal or google checkout, which both accept credit card. I will not be accepting money orders etc because that would complicate things too much for me.

2:I can't pay right now etc:

The store link will be up until I am sold out, so the quicker you pay the better chance you have of ensuring you receive a unit. I'm not forcing you to pay at any time.

3:OMG AIRY YOU WERENT HERE FOR LIKE ZOMG 2 DAYS!??!?!!!
Yeah, I had to help my dad work about 2 hours away at a cabin. Sorry I can't be online 24/7. (even though I usually am hehe)

4: Is their a run 3?
Yes amkdeath will be running another gb for these after I am done and this topic says CLOSED. I have no details on that. It will not be for a while.
5: I don't trust you, your a bitch, you look 16, or anything close to that.
I'm 17, some major people on the forum said they trust me, and I offered to do a middleman thing with kenom (read down). I have the time, the money, and am willing, to make this GB workout for everyone. I can cover costs up front, without everyones money. No one is making you buy from me.

Some inspiration:
2v9rau1.jpg

airy52

Re: GB PHR-803T HD-DVD SLEDS [#2]

Order Information:

People interested:

Jake21  [5-10]
Dark_Horse [3-5]
nvmextc [5-10] (intl)
keeperx [5-15]
pseudolobster [5] (payment issues)
woop [2] (intl)
ndrew2505 [5-10]
robjdixon [2]
icecruncher [1-2]
Chad [1-3]
SenKat_Stonetek [5] :)
scopeguy20 [6]
Glaserfan [1]
V1.15 [10]
cdanjo [2-3]
ben74 [1]
roSSco [2]
Frechy [4] (intl)
Jules [1]
wicked1 [1-2]
onefatsurfer [1]
Timbojames [2]
microtronix [3] (intl)
110100100 [5]
muledeer [2]
stolsvik [2] (intl)*customs
Jimmymcjimthejim [2]
toked323 [1]
sk8er4514 [5]
whoa [2]
mauswiesel [2]
Lasercrazy [1]
FireWalker877 [1]
CharlieMurphi [1]
J_Dogg [1]
treboRtaerGehT [1]
Comidt [1-10]
Choad_Sac [3-5]

Payment received from :

Timbojames
V1.15
Frechy
pseudolobster
Muledeer
wicked1
onefatsurfer
Dark_Horse
CharlieMurphi
Jimmymcjimthejim
J_Dogg
scopeguy20
robjdixon
keeperx
sk8er4514
SenKat_Stonetek
Chad
Kenom
mrbear
Woop
LikeitBright
Vardarac
Pwnstar
sk8er4514
Kage
Tallaxo
sherap

DIDNT SAY FORUM NAME:
Richard O...
Andrew C....
Chad S....
Brian B....

Thanks!

Kenom

Please take no offense to this airy. Your pretty new to the forum so even though these diodes are so prescious I don't think that you will get many takers. Problem I see is you don't have the presence here to be trusted well enough to do a group buy. Now I am just speaking from my perspective. Do I feel comfortable giving my money to someone who has only been on the forum for a short while? Not really no I don't.

What I would recommend is getting in touch with someone who has experience running a group buy and sharing the informatin with them and getting thier help. Just a suggestion.

airy52

Yes, I have been doing that. If this is really affecting peoples decision, I would be fine with a trusted member of the community, such as you, Kenom, holding the payments until everyone has received their sled. It would be more time consuming and a bit tedious, but I am okay with that.

Edit: @ kenom below me. My money to china, sleds from china to me> customers Money to you, Sleds to me, > Sleds to customers, money to me

Edit 2: @ woop 2 below this: Awww thank you woop! I try!

Kenom

Well, I might be willing to do it. As long as all I'm doing is holding onto money and sleds for ya.

woop

well i would trust airy52 with $30
I am sure he understands the responsibility involved with a GB. he seems very organized.

there alot of people that want to buy 10 or more so its 260 not just 30.

I do have a question about that however.
If i buy 10 do i pay for the sled plus a generic shipping price 10 times.. seems like someone is gonna end up with some extra pocket cash if its done that way. shipping should be done by weight.

airy52,
I am really glad to hear you are going forward with this.
I would trust Kenom's advice, I am still out money for several "fusion-drives" that I ordered in like January! The person responisible for those seemed to be capable at first also, just bit off more than he could chew, (Senkat has graciously picked up the ball here). Although, all of that being said, I would trust you with a few sleds without a middle-man, that's just me. Either way, when you are done with this, you will have a "presence".
You can put me on the "list" for 3-5 sleds, if everything works as you hope.
I wish you the best of luck,
DH

IgorT

What do you mean a generic shipping price 10 times?

In all the GBs i was in so far, the shipping price was the same, regardless of the number of units ordered. International Priority Flatrate is $12 from the US to wherever. Weight doesn't matter much up to a certain limit. And these sleds are not heavy..

IgorT

airy52 said:
Edit: @ kenom below me. My money to china, sleds from china to me> customers Money to you, Sleds to me, > Sleds to customers, money to me

How much money do you have Airy? :D

ok well a flat rate for shipping is fine..
in the interest of transparency, please keep us up to date on communications with the vendor..

airy52

Yeah flat rate shipping would be employed. I've got enough to cover this don't worry Igor ;). If you ordered maybe 5 or more, I could make sure that you are not being overcharged on shipping. It wouldn't be 12 per sled if you ordered that many, thats for sure. I plan on stopping by my local post office, which does ups usps etc, and getting rates. I will bring in a sled and ask:

1: How much for 1 to [US] and [International]
2: How much for 5 to [US] and [International]
3: How much for 10 to [US] and [International]

The vendor said they could go as low as 23 for 40-50. So 40 would be alright. We just need that many orders first. Who has done a group buy before, I have a few questions:

1: Is their import/export/custom fees from here to anywhere, or anywhere to here, for just a sled.
2: I remember Igor saying I would have to pull off the metal heatsink with diode in it to send it to him without fees, which is fine and I can competently do in less than 10 seconds.
:D

there should be no import fees...
i think you will get to 40 very fast but im wondering if we should do 10 first to make sure the supplier is reliable.

im in for 2 on the first run either way (thats right im calling dibs :))

ups/usps shipping rates are for 0 to 2 pounds i think so 1-20 sleds should be 12 dollars.

That being said, it will (should) work like this

x = sled cost per unit
y = total shipping from china

(x*units + y) / units = c (cost per unit fur us)

c + 12$ (or whatever the shipping cost is) = what we pay you to get them.

i would not be appose to you tacking on a few bucks handling charge per order (not per sled) for your time and gas to the post office.

in for 5 if the timing works out...

I'm broke right now, I get paid in 2weeks, paypal takes another week to xfer from my bank... so, yeah, I'm down for 5 in about 3 weeks.

airy52

@ keeper x. Sounds good that all makes sense. ((23*units +y)/units) + 12 + 1

:) I will get a quote for 50 shipped. Any estimates on how many sleds will be bought???

@pseudolobster

you seem to be a reasonable guy. maybe someone on here will loan you the money and you pay them back in 3 weeks. ;) good luck, if that doesnt work out we can talk privately about paying later. :D

@ keeperx below me: yeah about 5-10 extra maybe. depends on how many i kill ;) jk.

try to modify your threads to keep this organized. or just pm. :D or post. whatever works :D

@ woop 2 below: will let you know once i go to the post office within this week. shouldnt be too much. il update shipping costs etc once i go.