Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB FAILED!! for scansets from DT

Many hours of work towards a DT GB have not worked out very well.
BUT maybe , due to the hardheadedness of DT has actually been a GOOD thing

http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/possible-item-aixiz-stock-70025.html

go read this thread.....^^^

This is only a feeler to gauge interest.

so far..

Most who have replied to my PMs have asked for a delay til after the Holidays- but will keep this GB still alive abd we need a few more to be sure of having 10 or morein order to get the GB prices below.

BTW add $ 2 to each set wanted to cover bank transfer fees.

The LIST -__- 0_0 >(*U*)<

Hakzaw1 one.............30K
EF..........one............30K
No ESC....one............40Kwide
KGB........two............40Kwide
Adam(300evil)-one.....40kWide
Jooopy ...one ...........40KWide (maybe)
Tyler ....one..............30K
Blackspirit..one....... ..40KWide
Woody from Indiana-two sets 40K maybe wide or just Pros(logsquared on PL)

IF ALL above are still wanting to do this we need a few more to sign on as alternates. Or if we can still keep the shipping quote we maybe can add a few more than to total sets- IDK for sure.

PLEASE I would like to get a PM from all on this list asap TY
& any other s interested:beer:

The savings in this Canada/CONUS only DT Scanset GB will be on the GB price and also possibly a little savings on the shipping.

Best estimate from DT China is --we would be splitting ~$220..or $22 per each for 10 sets equally for the crazy-fast and very reliable DHL EXPRESS..72hrs to me in Texas. I will inspect each for an visible damage and re-ship to you the next day. I like to do 2/3 biz day delivery signed and insured. each buyer would be paying me the exact amount. Plus $1 for my pack materials per scanset. I have zero neg FeedBack on all laser forums and two EEKbay accounts. I need to collect the cost and DHL Express share first-- the re-shipping cost can be sent once the scansets are here.-via PP only.

I prefer USPS Money orders for the scansets and dhl- but if you insist I will take PP as payment for goods- just add 4%. IMO MOs are safer . Most of my buyers in the last 6 GB paid me with MOs.. I am not planing on scamming anyone- just dont want the PP transactions reported as a biz to the IRS, would you??. I have no idea how I could prove that they were all GBs.

these prices updated to reflect changes and additional fees I need to include.

HERE are MY GB prices as follows:
DT30.........$185
DT40.........$370
DT40wide.....$400
^^^ plus my quote from DHL shipping of $22 for DHL each scanset($220/10) Plus ~$19 to $24 for re-ship with insurance and tracking lower 48

These would have the full two year warranty. But you each would need to upon arrival send DT your contact info , the serial number of your set and the date purchased for thier records and I will do same. If you should need to return them to DT that would not be handled by me.

IIRC DT does not send mirror(s) for replacement by end user along with each set. Still haggling over more mirrors. BUT I have no gotten any good responces...

Cheaper Scansets can be found but you get what you pay for. PTs come with only one year warranty and DTs are preferred by many.

SO as soon as we have 9 or more 'wanters' I will move forward to the next phase. Check my rep. and see my other GBs. I do NOT like PP. My first choice is USPS MOs , bank check are good too. Personal cheack fine but extra time is needed to be sure the check clears my bank.

PP MAY send records of all my transactions to the IRS, which may end up with me getting audited and requiring me to prove that this is NOT a profit making biz.
Personally...

I would much rather send a MO to someone I trust than a PP to a stranger. But I am open to discussion on this.

You are mistaken if you think a scammer cannot steal your money by using PP,,, its really quite easy. AND since PP IS EEkbay dont be shocked to learn that PP is much more helpful if your problem is with an ebay buy- outside ebay they may not be as helpful..If the seller moves all the money from his account and has no CC attached
or other bank accounts attached - there is nothing that PP can do. If someone messes with a USPS MO afaik its can be a federal offence. A scam seller can mail you a brick-- they you must prove that you signed for a brick rather than what you paid for-- thats why I open my boxes when they are delivered if front of the PO employee or the driver.

Messing with the USPS MO is more serious than just fraud.

PM me for info...

hak

SEE THE OTHER POSTS below

Last edited:

Re: GB FEELER for new scansets from Dragon Tiger

bumpster

btw

Sh1t happens...
we all will share equally in the unlikely event our box(es) get siezed-taxed-duty added , VAT etc.

DHL EXpress has 100% perfect track record with all my GBs. never opened never delayed never any damage.
My connection in China will pick these up personally and pack them for us. I trust his judgement...
he may suggest dividing into two smaller lighter boxes.
post here or PM to get on the list.

Please refrain if you are not fairly serious.
MOST who DIY a RGB projector upgrade thier scanset in time- save youself the cost and hassles of cheap scanners.

Go With Dragon Tiger.

Especially if you ever want to do graphics or animations.
AND
Should you ever need to, they would most likely be easy to re-sell them.

Last edited:

lol hak bumpin one hour later :shhh:

tick tock ...... lol

Two, possibly 3 (from other forums) have already expressed interest when funds become available in about a month. I am in the same boat. Just in time for Xmas.

Attend any LEM, and meet others who have done thier own builds and you will want one.
DIY gives great satisfaction and can save you a lot over a factory projector.

Now is a great time to start one. The BLUE was the most expensive laser needed and now the 445 has changed that forever and we may see a better & cheaper 638nm RED so this makes your scanset now one of the most expensive needed components. So once you own a good scanset the other parts seem cheap by comparison.

AFAIK ATM there is no USA based authorized dealer of Dragon Tiger Scansets.
You don't see them come up often for resale and get snapped up quick when you do.
I have been told that DTs almost always arrive well tuned and ready to use.

For me this is one-time deal- There may be another DT GBs but they will not be hosted by me.

btw all who have expressed interest seem to be sold on the 40KWides--what does that tell you????

Last edited:

too bad i already bought some scanners....

here is a free bump

anyone remotely interested; the DT series are what the pros use just check out PL

5 or 6 more serious takers are still needed. Get 40KWides at a savings of ~$80 iirc,
This is strictly a one-time GB for me. You cant go wrong with DTs- & they re-sell in a heartbeat too. Got a scanset already? Sell them and get DTs... as that is what happens eventually anyway.

Wow, awesome prices, Len.
Thanks for doing this for the community. :)

BumpityBumpBumpBump. :D

Looking a little better, may have another taker for two sets and questions about one for another.

I worry about the shipping..
all eggs in one basket or two???
ten scanners plus amps it a little heavy and with proper packing a fairly big box.

penny wise may be pound foolish....
then there duty VAT etc.

input greatly appreciated.
btw we will be using dhl express

T Y hak

Looking a little better, may have another taker for two sets and questions about one for another.

I worry about the shipping..
all eggs in one basket or two???
ten scanners plus amps it a little heavy and with proper packing a fairly big box.

penny wise may be pound foolish....
then there duty VAT etc.

input greatly appreciated.
btw we will be using dhl express

T Y hak

you might wanna ask kiyo what he did for ours

also we got hung up at customs because they they there where lasers inside

^^^ Ah Whew !!
There will be no lasers in our box(es)

did that Kiyo box get delivered...Did more money have to be bribbed ...er I mean paid>>??

I think part of Kiyoukan's problem stemmed from the company that the scan sets were ordered from, which I think was Spacelas. Spacelas might be blacklisted.

I'd be interested in one set of 30s to start Hak!

Thanks for that EF
my people in China will ship and they are on the preferred/trusted shipper list and only use dhl express--the best(and most$$)

also there wil be no radiation emitters in the box

...may split the order for sake of size & weight tho..

The LIST -__- 0_0 >(*U*)<

Hakzaw1 one.........30K
EF..........one..........30K
No ESC....one..........40Kwide
KGB........two...........40Kwide
Adam......two...........40kWide
Jooopy ...one .........40KWide (maybe)
Tyler ....one...39K
Blackspirit..one... 40KWide

BTW the maybes were only hesitating due to short on funds ATM not because of the prices.
AFAIK there will not be a second round.

THe GB prices as follows:
DT30.........$179
DT40.........$366
DT40wide.....$396
^^^ plus my estimate DHL shipping of $10 for DHL each scanset($100/10) Plus ~$19 to $24 for re-ship with insurance and tracking lower 48
EDIT-Dragon Tiger will not ship for les than 220$usd for box of ten to twelve sets- I tried!!!

Last edited:

^^^ Ah Whew !!
There will be no lasers in our box(es)

did that Kiyo box get delivered...Did more money have to be bribbed ...er I mean paid>>??

yeah finally got delivered after he argued for a few days lol :)

thats great to hear-I have a lot of good friends on Kiyo's GB list

my list is filling nicely--ya'll come!!!