Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

gatlin green or similar...by July 3?

I want to buy a green laser and have it by July 3 (10 days, 6 business days from now). My priority is visibility and high quality, not burning (although that would be nice). My budget is $100 but of course the cheaper the better. (This is all basically because wickedLaser's shipping takes for ever/is non-existent. Lesson learned: research thoroughly, that's a different story)

So:
-I'm interested in o-like's gatlin green 100mW mainly because it looks awesome and the waterproof is a plus.
-The 100mW and 150mW Cute Pocket Lasers also look promising.
-I've read that the Lyra series from laserglow is the best 5mW. (and as far as I can see the anser is exactly the same with a different look)
-unfortunatly all of optotronic's hand-helds are beyond my budget and their `$100 pointer is only 55mW
-any other suggestions?
Which of the above is the better value and which, if any, could be at my doorstep if I ordered within 24h?

Thank you for all help!. It is highly appreciated. :yh:

Yeah o-like would be a good bet but shipping could take about a month unless you buy the expediated shipping which is $15 extra.

You don't say where you are from in your profile.

My Lyra (model B5) arrived overnight... I ordered it on 6 June direct from LaserGlow (Toronto Canada), it arrived on 7 June (Abilene Texas). Total cost was $90; $59 + $31 shipping. I deliberately specified the more expensive expedited shipping.

I'm pleased with it. However it is only ~ 5mw. In a dark room (television only other light source) when looking perpendicular to the beam (90 degree angle) I can JUST see it. (My cat can see it at 90 degrees real well; tries to "knock it down" from the air). Of course, low angle of incidence, I can see it pretty good. Aiming it from a hallway, into the bathroom and at a bathroom mirror, the beam is very visible both to/from the mirror.

Outside it's fairly visible... if I stretch my arm out and point the Lyra UP, then about 30 inches separates the eye (actually I have two) and the Lyra... and it is JUST visible when my eyes and the Lyra are pointed in the same direction... pulling it back in for a lower angle of incidence of course increases its visibility.

Last edited:
Personally I'd recommend the o-like transformables instead, but there is absolutely no way you will get them by july 3rd.

The lyra gets rave reviews... but as jbt says... only 5mW.

Given your budget and time constraint, I would suggest either this: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/new-stock-overspec-5mw-green-3-2011-batch-here-50256.html

Or posting in the B/S/T section a WTB thread.

You should specify exactly where you live... I assume US, but that's important info to provide.

Last edited:
He could get it buy July 3 with the expidited shipping.

Order placed today. Processing time is three business days. That brings us to a ship out date of tuesday the 28th at the earliest. more likely wendesday the 29th. Take out a day for customs on each side of the ocean and you're with one day. Unless he is in mainland china he isn't going to get it by the third. Keep in mind post office does not deliver on sundays.

Look up o-like shipping times, it's a well discussed topic.

Sorry, I should have specified. Yes, I am in the US -western Mass.
SwimminSurfer's deal looks good. Has anyone here bought his 5mW overspeced?

Post in the Buy/Sell/Trade section that you WTB a Green Laser pointer.

buying a laser from a member would be the fast in getting a laser shipped to you.:D and probebly a better unit since it has been tested.

Or Check out this Ebay guy. He ships super fast and most get there laser in the USA in a Matter of 3-4 days.:
Super #100 Green Laser Pointer 006 Signal W/CR123A USA | eBay

^^^ THis is his 100mW Unit. Not sure how much IR is part of the 100mW but Their have been lots of good review from this ebay seller.

I also think if you Send him a PM through ebay and send fund straight to his Papal account he will give you a LPF discount IIRC. But dont hold me to it i cant remember.

You will also need a pair of Laser Safety goggles if you plain on using a laser in such power indoor.

PM Gary that Owns SurvivalLasers.com
http://laserpointerforums.com/members/garoq/
He has some Great Safety goggle. I think he also has a cheaper pair for ~ 15$.

Forget about O like and any overseas company you will not have your laser in time of the 4 of July.:( Sorry but i dont see that happening.:(

Last edited: