Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gas Pipe time

Hey dudes -- it's time once again to light up those gas pipes. My wife came down to investigate the smell of burning matches.
Light up the ion lasers again. Mine took plasma with the second spark!

I still have an Enterprise II for free if you come get it. I don't have time to mess with it.

HMike

Hey dudes -- it's time once again to light up those gas pipes. My wife came down to investigate the smell of burning matches.
Light up the ion lasers again. Mine took plasma with the second spark!

I still have an Enterprise II for free if you come get it. I don't have time to mess with it.

HMike

What is a ENTERPRISE II? and I'll pay for shipping it!

It's a large water cooled argon-ion laser. The PSU weighs about 90 pounds and the head is like 70 pounds if I remember right. There's a PSU problem with it, which is why it's free.

I googled Enterprise II and got portable storage! Thats why I asked.

I have tried several times to put this together and always get a system error light and no plasma. Shipping is almost impossible with the weight. It needs 240 VAC and water flow. I wanted to use it to heat my pool but it won't start.

HMike

I have tried several times to put this together and always get a system error light and no plasma. Shipping is almost impossible with the weight. It needs 240 VAC and water flow. I wanted to use it to heat my pool but it won't start.

HMike

So were in Gods beautifully lit univers do you live So if posible, I can come and pick it up.

Northern Iowa. If you're curious about someone's location you can check under their avatar, if that's no help try their profile under the 'About Me' tab, other than that I guess you'll just have to PM them and ask, hope this helps.

Look for Clear Lake, Iowa, on I-35 between Des Moines and Minneapolis.
It's big and heavy !!!

HMike

Look for Clear Lake, Iowa, on I-35 between Des Moines and Minneapolis.
It's big and heavy !!!

HMike

Well damn! I was hoping you were in the four cornner states, I live in Poenix ,Az. If I can work out the shipping "freight line trucking" would you do it then? I know alot of truckers I have CDL and maybe I could get it done that way and of corse somthing for yoyr troubles. I am a gass head at heart!

Beamann -
It takes a big pallet and then a forklift for the whole thing. I don't have a good way to get it on pallets or a pallet. The PS is a suitcase and the head is about 4' long with cables.
It is at the welding shop now and we have a forklift but it is easier if it goes as two simple parts.

HMike

Hemlock mike,
I have seen and handled one at the 2010 SELEM event a ion 90 your sounds like it is a lot bigger than that one and was impressed of all that hi voltage and water for a laser, and good God was the PSU heavy, I'll see what I can due to have a trucking firm pick it up and deliver it to me and supply pallets about $3-5 houndred to ship it by truck.

Beamann --

It will fit in a car easy. $300 shipping?? It was sent to me a year or so ago for $98 all on one big pallet. Whatever you figure. I just don't have time to play with it now.

HMike

Beamann --

It will fit in a car easy. $300 shipping?? It was sent to me a year or so ago for $98 all on one big pallet. Whatever you figure. I just don't have time to play with it now.

HMike

Thanks HEMLOCK MIKE, I'll get back to you on it soon.