Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

gas ignite?

If there's a match above it.

If you mean by pointing it at the gas, then no, the liquid is clear so it wouldn't absorb much light at all.

The same laser that perform heart surgery and cuts like a drill on your teeth are the same lasers Dr. Evil uses to conquer the world.

Hemlock Mike said:
"Way to dangerous" --- for what??????? What are you thinking here?

Mike

because lets say little Timmy was playing with his brand new laser and he accidentally lit some gas on fire exploding his house, ya I'd call that way too dangerous!!!

Of course, his parents let him play with a 200mW red laser because they don't love him. Also there's puddles of gasoline lying around the house, and little Timmy is good at focusing. :-?

Trust me with the price of gas what it is today, little timmy's parents would KILL little timmy if he blew some up.

keeperx said:
Trust me with the price of gas what it is today, little timmy's parents would KILL little Timmy if he blew some up.

lol, "damn it Timmy! you just waisted $10!"

styropyro said:
If there's a match above it.

If you mean by pointing it at the gas, then no, the liquid is clear so it wouldn't absorb much light at all.

Color it black with a sharpie ;D

RA_pierce said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1214777641/0#1 date=1214779123]If there's a match above it.

Color it black with a sharpie ;D[/quote]
Oh stupid me, I should have thought of that! ;D

You need to create a spark or something to ignite the gas. If you fill a bottle with flamable gas and put a match inside, then use your laser to light the match then yes - big boom!

But there is no way of igniting gas.

diachi

:eek: If you can light a match inisde a bottle filled with octane from 300Ft with >300mW and a telescope ... well you know where this is going ::)

Diachi said:
:eek: If you can light a match inisde a bottle filled with octane from 300Ft with >300mW and a telescope ... well you know where this is going  ::)

I know it is possible to light matches inside plastic bottles, I have seen that done. But I haven't seen it done with gas inside the bottle...

If your going to try it though, I think a lot more than your normal eye protection will be needed... I would like to see what happens though.

Lighting a match in a bottle full of gas wouldn't do much because there isn't enough oxygen in the bottle. Switch the gas out with a good Fuel/Oxidizer mix and now we are on to something... ::)