Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

funny story about my dilda...

bombsight

So today I got my laser and I was ecstatic to pop in my freshly charged 3.6v (running at 4.2v, that's a .6v increase over stock batts that charge up to 3.6)batts and get ready to go. I tried burning stuff, but it was horrible. It couldn't go through a cd case, plastic, and it barley popped balloons from 1cm. So i was like "wtf This dilda should be running around 250mw with 2x 4.2v batts and hand picked form o-like." Then I realized that maybe I was focusing it wrong. I left it on what appeared to be the smallest dot from 20feet away, but I didn't realize that I should change it when I'm burning stuff 1ft away. So I got 1ft away and omg stuff just started smoking up on contact and it was crazy. :)

styropyro

Usually it is easier to focus lasers closer to what you are burning ;D

Benm

Right.. when focussed at infinity, these lasers will not burn very well due to the big beam diameter produced by the (aixiz-like) optics.

You might notice it does produce a smaller dot at larger distances compared to any laser that starts with a thin beam - it is a tradeoff.

Jaseth

Haha I can imagine myself in a similar situation.. "Why is it not focused..? *Pause* Oh... I need to use the focuser xD"
But yeah, with some 3.6V a dilda is a crazy burner. Best you can get for burning at a price like that imo. I mean.. I get 238mW for $40.28!