Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Tritium (natural 10 year glow) keyrings

Last edited:

Is there any benefit to these vs the ones on DX that are about $2 cheaper shipped, other than shipping time?

Can you post a size reference?

Yes. updated 1st post.

Is there any benefit to these vs the ones on DX that are about $2 cheaper shipped, other than shipping time?

No, they are the same. I bought them from DX. And the shipping time is going to be significantly reduced, I had to wait about 1.5 month for the item to be in stock and to arrive to the USA. Shipping time from North Texas to other US locations is around 2 - 3 days.

thanks,
Kendall

Dont always believe what you hear.
too bad.....i thought we'd be done with your useless posts.

anwyas, this is great sk8ter, i'll be buying a couple here soon...i've always wanted one.

was tritium what i saw on 1000 ways to die? a story of a company having owman paint the numbers on watches so they would glow, and some woman started painting herselfd with it at home to spice up their sex life, and it killed them because it was toxic

Moh - you're thinking of radium, which is far worse. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen, although both work on the same principal in that the atomic decay particles strike a phosphor that glows as a result.

Tritium isn't radioactive enough to penetrate skin. I wouldn't want to accidentally breath any in though. I have one of those keychains on the back end of my bottle style green laser. That small amount of gas couldn't harm a fly.

Yeah I thought I should maybe say it is slightly radioactive, but so are the uranium cracked marbles :)

Thanks lordoflasers for pointing out that it is harmless radioactivity. The little bags that they are packaged in look interesting though, a dark red bubble wrap. I've never seen it before, keeps them very well protected though.

-Kendall

WRM

I'm pretty certain that Rolex still uses tritium on their watch hands. My Explorer II from 1999 definitely uses it and it still glows bright when fully charged by light. Bill

scion

Sweet!
I've only seen them in this size, are they not available any larger?

Are they avalible in any other colors.. i know someone :D who sells them in red, green, and blue!:shhh: