Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS - The Cypreus-IIb 1x18650/2x18350 - "EasyBuild" Copper Host by Sinner

sinner

Re: Run#2: Presale - Cypreus-IIb - Custom Copper Host (new prices)

Reserved for updates.

Last edited:
Re: Presale #2 - The Cypreus-IIb - Custom Copper Host by Sinner

And it has everything from the first Cypreus-II except a newer drop-in heatsink , that is optimized for All DTR modules, so you can just add a module and it is as simple as that.
:thanks:

Can you post some pics of the new drop-in heatsink please. Sound real interesting to say
the least. Can you readily change the drop-in with another of a different wavelength????
Or am I just dreaming.

Jstr

Awesome! How long will the presale be open? I'd be interested, I just need some time to gather the necessary funds - that ms-ssw-3 drained me :)

^I'm also interested in seeing some more pics

sinner

Presale should run for >2weeks, They are up for machining coming week.

Can you post some pics of the new drop-in heatsink please. Sound real interesting to say
the least. Can you readily change the drop-in with another of a different wavelength????
Or am I just dreaming.

Sure thing, i'll definitely post the details in coming week. The drop-in type heatsink means you can remove the whole thing just by unscrewing it. It contains your diode+driver+lens already wired up inside.

The build process will be exactly the same as my last edc build here

Only difference is a bigger 22x35mm drop-in. EDC has 20x30mm.

Last edited:

Jstr

I'm considering getting a standard 1x18650, but wouldn't the copper oxidize and lose its color?

Do you coat the host with Everbrite or anything to prevent oxidation of the copper? I like my hosts nice and shiny if you can't tell :)

RayJay

I'm considering getting a standard 1x18650, but wouldn't the copper oxidize and lose its color?

Do you coat the host with Everbrite or anything to prevent oxidation of the copper? I like my hosts nice and shiny if you can't tell :)

Just polish it every now and again? That's what i do with my copper stuff.. About once every 3 months.

sinner

Well in that case copper isnt your best friend, but there are a few simple things that can be done, everbrite or any clear coat for that matter can be applied but at the customers end, I will provide the host with a factory finish. NiChrome plating can be done but that just adds more cost , If you feel like spending then I can also offer Rhodium plating.

Just polish it every now and again? That's what i do with my copper stuff.. About once every 3 months.

Actually no need for re-polishing if you use vinegar+lemon juice to rub off the oxidized layer with a cloth. It is simple as that.

Jstr

Okay, that's not bad. I was just checking, thanks.

How much would it be for nickel chrome plating? Again, just curious, I will probably go for the copper and just use lemon juice/vinegar.

Also, what is special about rhodium plating? I have never heard of it.

sinner

Sure no problem. Ni-Chrome should be around $20-25. Rh plating is done on jewellery as it gives extremely bright shine and it cannot oxidise , even at high temperatures so it is perfect for this application.

sinner

Drop-In heatsink design completed :D Check OP for images.

Order page is up now. Presale will be running for only 1 week, after that the pricing will be back to normal.

Thanks.

P.S: feedback on the new order page is appreciated.

:beer:

Last edited:

upaa27

Wow! What a great host! I saw it and said "WTFOMGBBQ a golden laser?" Even better, its copper! Great work man!

got me again.... put me down for 1 edc :p

Will the standard also hold 2 16340s?

Last edited:

Oh man I wish I had the funds for one of these right now. I have the perfect build idea for one of those but right now I have be a responsible adult (hush) and do some investing for the future. I hope they're going to be around for awhile so I can snag one in month or so.